Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disappointed in moderation of "Animals and Pets"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

regi wrote:
    I have the original on DVD, and the Spring Break version too.

Do you have the one where Thaed and Bubbles get it on in a Temple Bar hotel room?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

No, I borrowed that one. DVDshrink is almost done...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Pff that wasn't me it was Smiles[fio].

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

PI Nazis all look the same tbh.

My money says it was Gordon. Judging by how hard he was blowing.

IF that ist he case then how did he get Pams wig ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Stark wrote:
    PI Nazis all look the same tbh.

My money says it was Gordon. Judging by how hard he was blowing.
    I only ever blew bubbles when I was a young laddie, don't do it anymore as it gets my hands sticky and I can't be bothered washing them afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 eldanny

Faith wrote:
    Strokesfan - the reason the OP in that thread was banned was because he repeatedly ignored the moderator's warning and continued to bring the thread off-topic and he became abusive. The other posters were not abusive and stayed on topic, therefore were not banned. Had, for example, Bambi come back and started adding insults to the thread with no constructive advice, he/she too would have been liable to be banned.

It's as simple as that.

did you read the post faith?
    if you did then you would know it was not i who braught it off topic or continued to bring it off topic infact after getting a barrage of abuse i asked "everybody be happy :D:D:D:D:D " to which was replied another barage of abuse so i told them where to go [in french] and what i taught of them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yes, thank you, I did read the thread and furthermore, I understood it. Thanks for condensing it for me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 eldanny

ps. now that i have your attention can anyone tell me where i can find a dogo argentinO/ argentinian mastiff in Ireland. any help much appreiceated:)

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

eldanny wrote:
    ps. now that i have your attention can anyone tell me where i can find a dogo argentinO/ argentinian mastiff in Ireland. any help much appreiceated:)
    Go to the right forum for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

eldanny wrote:

:rolleyes:
    *sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Sorry Psi I contest you the cmod note. I would overturn someone if I thought a ban was completely wrong. wouldnt do it straight off though, conversation with both mod and user would be needed.

It'd be interesting though, nothing quite like having one of the boards under your control being modded by a cmod *ends up banned from all of boards* :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

eldanny wrote:
    did you read the post faith?
    She apparnatly did. Did you read the rest of the thread (particularly the repeated warnings)?

&#231 wrote: »
    Sorry Psi I contest you the cmod note. I would overturn someone if I thought a ban was completely wrong. wouldnt do it straight off though, conversation with both mod and user would be needed.
    So you wouldn't do it off your own bat...which is what I said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endymion

psi wrote:
    So you wouldn't do it off your own bat...which is what I said.

But it's not what I said. You attempted to twist what I said into that. I said that mods are held accountable to Cmods and Smods, you disagreed with that. You've now been shown to be wrong.
    Carnivore wrote:
    That a contentous issue, I personally disagree with your take on it. Mods are more accountable now, then they ever have been in the past. You've Cmods, Smods and Admins all watching the watchers watch... the girls go by.
    psi wrote:
    What authority do you believe smods and cmods have over moderators? Do you honestly believe they can/would overturn a moderator's action off the cuff and undermine the moderator? If so, you're misguided in that belief.

You're the one that brought up "off the chuff" and "off the bat". I didn't.
    psi wrote:
    Nope, I've been involved in many of the more inflammed threads on mod and that just isn't the purpose of smods or cmods.

And you clearly state you don't believe it is the purpose of smods and cmods to hold mods accountable.

Carnivore wrote:
    But it's not what I said. You attempted to twist what I said into that. I said that mods are held accountable to Cmods and Smods, you disagreed with that. You've now been shown to be wrong.
    How exactly?
    You're the one that brought up "off the chuff" and "off the bat". I didn't.
    I know I did, I said it for a reason. I never insinuated that smods wouldn't take an interest, but usually, as you well know Boston, there would be a long-winded thread in mod first, or ideally a few PMs.
    And you clearly state you don't believe it is the purpose of smods and cmods to hold mods accountable.
    It isn't, it isn't what the cmods or smods were brought in for. No smod or cmod, for instance, can remove me of my mods if I mess up. They may be able to site ban me, but they'd want a pretty good reason for that - refusing to unban someone is hardly that reason. They can unban someone and I can ban them again and ther eis no recourse - it just gets moved up to the admins.

psi wrote:
    How exactly?

I know I did, I said it for a reason. I never insinuated that smods wouldn't take an interest, but usually, as you well know Boston, there would be a long-winded thread in mod first, or ideally a few PMs.

It isn't, it isn't what the cmods or smods were brought in for. No smod or cmod, for instance, can remove me of my mods if I mess up. They may be able to site ban me, but they'd want a pretty good reason for that - refusing to unban someone is hardly that reason. They can unban someone and I can ban them again and ther eis no recourse - it just gets moved up to the admins.

More flip flops then your standard gate array. When you finally decide on what you ment and what you agree with, let me know.

Also my user name is clearly carnivore.

Carnivore wrote:
    More flip flops then your standard gate array. When you finally decide on what you ment and what you agree with, let me know.

Also my user name is clearly carnivore.

Your inability to read and understand simple english, although perhaps in the vernacular, is down to you. I think I made my statement from the off, if you want to take multiple meanings, go ahead. It doesn't actually change my statement.

You said Cmods don't over turn bans, you've been proved wrong, so you decided to try and twist your initial arguement. It's very clear.

Carnivore wrote:
    You said Cmods don't over turn bans, you've been proved wrong, so you decided to try and twist your initial arguement. It's very clear.

You left out a rather important part of what I said. This would suggest, you can't read, can't understand simple english or are simply being obtuse for your own benefit.

However if you wish to continue to try use illiteracy and poor comprehension as support for your argument, please, by all means continue.

• Advertisement

Thats right, attack the poster.

Carnivore wrote:
    Thats right, attack the poster.

Actually I attacked your perceived actions rather than you, but I think your reading of it as otherwise nicely illustrates my point. Thank you. :)

psi wrote:
    Actually I attacked your perceived actions rather than you, but I think your reading of it as otherwise nicely illustrates my point. Thank you. :)

Ah yes the age old "If I say you look like an idiot, it's not the same as saying you are one". Our survey says ... nea nea!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

pointless tit for tat point scoring at this stage.

was there an original point to debate here?

Mybe but the "nea nea" made me laugh.

I guess it would be up to the op to come back and say s/he has or has not had thier question answered.

well, there are always complaints about the way certain issues are moderated by different moderator, simply becuase, unfortunately, every one has their own unique opinion.

there wasnt really a question to the OP's initial post if i recall (seems so long ago) it was more just a case of voiceing displeasure, so i dont think there are any 'answers'.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Indeed , another fine example of the futility of trying to discuss anything on this forum.

and another pointless post complaining about something futile.

/irony

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Er, indeed.

The Muppet, am I to take the above post as "Feedback" ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

and another pointless post complaining about something futile.

/irony

My post certainly illustrated a point I made earlier in the thread. Maybe you missed the point or is it that all negative feedback is viewed as pointless?

Advertisement