Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disappointed in moderation of "Animals and Pets"

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

The Muppet wrote:
    My post certainly illustrated a point I made earlier in the thread. Maybe you missed the point or is it that all negative feedback is viewed as pointless?

no, i was simply pointing out that there is always two sides to something :)

either way, as far as i can recall, and im trying to edit out the dross here, the point of the thread was that the OP was simply registering his or her displeasure at the actions of a mod o nthis site.

and thats ok. its allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

no, i was simply pointing out that there is always two sides to something :)
    Three actually, like a coin.

Gordon wrote:
    Three actually, like a coin.

youre taking this to the extreme now.....

now theres an obscure reference :)

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

more than words ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 eldanny

Talliesin wrote:
    She apparnatly did. Did you read the rest of the thread (particularly the repeated warnings)?

lets call a spade a spade here.
    i deserved to be banned {bad language and arguing off topic despite warnings}

however somebody else started that argument and made it personal and was off topic from their first reply and carried the argument after a warning.
    but they get preference because they are here longer.
    Grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

eldanny wrote:
    lets call a spade a spade here.

Lets.

eldanny wrote:
    however somebody else started that argument and made it personal and was off topic from their first reply and carried the argument after a warning.
    but they get preference because they are here longer.
    Grand

I call bullsh*t. Unless posts were deleted, the chronology is as follows:

Post #17
    Eldanny, I wont warn again, you are new here, let it go, and play nice.
    The relevant points have been explained and do not require any other input or insults thrown (grinning icons dont negate words mate).

And anyone who would like to start a thread discussing the image or reality of such a breed then feel free.

Otherwise, Back On Topic.

If anyone has any information they WANT to give on the question asked above to the OP, fine.
    Otherwise let the thread die.
    I will close the thread and issue a weeks ban to anyone else posting off topic on this thread.

Post #18

You got yourself banned. I don't see any post from the other party after FnF issued his warning to stay on topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Exactly,
    I decided to warn once rather than a ban. Had the other poster involved not heeded that warning he / she would have been the one to be banned. Thread count or not.

B

• Registered Users Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

He/she said

"hey can anybody help me find a dogo argentina/argentinian mastiff breeder in ireland somebody must have 1"

They said

"It's Dogo Argentino."

"So, given the amount of muppets out there who are looking for a fila brasileiro/presa canario/or whatever other fighting breed muppets want as a mickey extension you should probably do your best to convince people that you're not one of the abovementioned muppet's when asking about such a breed. And getting the name right is a good start in that "

If these people are supposedly long term users, they should of known better,
    insulting someone for asking a question!!
    its a simple question and there are only two possible answers.
    Its not up to someone on boards to decide whether that person can have the dog or not, that would be the decision of the breeder who would meet the op in person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

If these people are supposedly long term users, they should of known better,
    insulting someone for asking a question!!
    its a simple question and there are only two possible answers.
    Its not up to someone on boards to decide whether that person can have the dog or not, that would be the decision of the breeder who would meet the op in person.

Which is why they were warned. They heeded it, he did not.
    That is why he was banned and they were not.

Again, Its this simple, Ignore a warning and you will be banned.
    That should not be hard to understand.

Sheesh, even the guy who was banned has come and said it was a fair ban. Its insane for this to be a 4 page thread
    :rolleyes:

B

Which is why they were warned. They heeded it, he did not.
    That is why he was banned and they were not.

Again, Its this simple, Ignore a warning and you will be banned.
    That should not be hard to understand.

Sheesh, even the guy who was banned has come and said it was a fair ban. Its insane for this to be a 4 page thread :rolleyes:
    B

Just making the point that it could of all been avoided if the so called mature animal and pet users acted in a proper manner in the first place

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Getting the name right is a good start in convincing the breeder of that.

Talliesin wrote:
    Getting the name right is a good start in convincing the breeder of that.

A spelling mistake, one letter, not exactly crime of the century is it??
    Bit childish, no/yes ??
    Dont think those posters were actual breeders either!!
    If a spelling mistake is all it takes for people to form opinions on us without anything else then its a sad relection on those people in my opinion.

Thats just my humble opinion, thought these posters instigated it and if they are regular animal&pet users they should of known better

Thats just my humble opinion, thought these posters instigated it and if they are regular animal&pet users they should of known better

And I think the moderator did a good job of dealing with it, issuing a warning (the 2nd in eldanny's case) which everyone except eldanny heeded.

What do you think he should have done?

Just making the point that it could of all been avoided if the so called mature animal and pet users acted in a proper manner in the first place

those pesky users at it again.

dagnamit!

And I think the moderator did a good job of dealing with it, issuing a warning (the 2nd in eldanny's case) which everyone except eldanny heeded.

What do you think he should have done?

Haven't questioned what he did !

Questioning the long term posters replies to the topic ! not helpful !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Haven't questioned what he did !

If you have a genuine problem with a post then report it ... end of. No need hijacking a thread on feedback and draggin it out.

6th wrote:
    If you have a genuine problem with a post then report it ... end of. No need hijacking a thread on feedback and draggin it out.

like you

While I conceed you have a point, I also think you may be in the wrong thread. You're looking for the "disappointed in two posters on Animals and Pets".

While I conceed you have a point, I also think you may be in the wrong thread. You're looking for the "disappointed in two posters on Animals and Pets".

Touche :)

I have followed the thread from the start and thought that my point should be reiterated since in my opinion i think its a valid point to make and the balance of posters shifted against op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 eldanny

yes.
    Indeed
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

"fighting breed muppets want as a mickey extension"

Bravo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I have followed the thread from the start and thought that my point should be reiterated since in my opinion i think its a valid point to make and the balance of posters shifted against op
    No, because it was a matter already dealt with.

Three posters were warned, one continued to be a muppet.

Advertisement