Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evanescence not coming here :(

• 19-09-2006 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

i cant believe it! there leavin us out again! can anyone tell me why some bands just wont come here to play live?! its really disappointing...:mad::(

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It is not the bands choice. It is Windups. Too bad they are not coming. I would love to see them, although from what I can see their new album is pretty much kack...
    Still though, I would love to see them for the old stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 stone_soup

yeah but i dont see why wind-up wont set an irish date...it was the same old story when the dates for the fallen tour were announced...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I imagine they make an estimate of how much profit they will make and Ireland is not a good call.

If there is one in the UK and soembody will come with me I will go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

from what I can see their new album is pretty much kack...
    Are you sure you don't mean all of their stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 stone_soup

no...i think he means SHUT THE HELL UP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

So Tar meant to say "from what I can see their new album is pretty much SHUT THE HELL UP"?

That makes sense...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I'd go to the UK only for the fact that I have 4 gigs already to go to between now and Christmas. They might be back though...

So Tar meant to say "from what I can see their new album is pretty much SHUT THE HELL UP"?

That makes sense...
    Well, I hardly meant all of their stuff either.

I am going to try to convince this girl to go...she doesn't know she likes them yet.
    <_<

So many concerts coming up. \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Bands don't make money coming here. Many bands would lose money coming here with the cost of transporting the gear, accomadation, staff etc, to be met by small crowds and low merch sales.

Or so I vaguely remember being told by some of the Pitchshifter crew years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Autobot Killa

Evanescence should be in the pop section. They're useless.

• Advertisement

So is your opinion. Case closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

stone_soup wrote:
    i cant believe it! there leavin us out again! can anyone tell me why some bands just wont come here to play live?! its really disappointing...:mad::(

Kickbacks, Album Sales, Profit Margins, Cost Ratio

Music is a buisness, sadly, thats how these bands operate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Just as an update, if their Paris performance is anything to go by you'll be a bit disappointed. Was there myself. Revelation Theory were much better. I used to be a diehard Ev fan, now not so much. Going Under and BMTL are still two of my all time favorite songs, but I'd be fairly sure that this album will be their last.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

We should be thankfull...

Lacuna Coil wannabes and not very good ones at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

As far as I can see, Windup don't do Irish Gigs..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I thought this was a rock and metal forum. Not a Pussy electronic sounding over-produced linkin park meets the corrs bad musicians with sucky assed songs forum.....

Catchy name for a forum. Suggest it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Yeah dr bollocko should be looking in the "near-mythical super villain, trained in numerous martial arts and with nipple related psychic abilities forum" for all music that conforms to his taste.

I see you are familiar with my work.

Paint my chicken coup!

• Advertisement

Im not sure what that means but I hope its not debased and graphic.

Somebody will get it, somebody brilliant!
    I will be here to congratulate them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Paint my chicken coup!

Those corn muffins were lousy! :mad:

Nearly perfect, I will applaud, yet quietly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

I have to defend Evanescence, they're the band that got me into metal and Amy Lee is an incredible singer/songwriter. This band is one of a kind. Really disappointed they're not performing here.

Advertisement