Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

okay i spoke too soon

• 19-09-2006 10:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭

okay rte are twats. the schedule tonight was suppose to be grave danger part two first and then the first eppy of season six but now season six eppy was on at 21:00 and now they show a csi miami eppy. this make me look like a fool because i look like a fool cause i do the scheduling for and csi webstite and i look stupid if the schedule is wrong (because of rte)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

i look like a fool cause i do the scheduling for and csi webstite and i look stupid if the schedule is wrong (because of rte)

Your grammar doesn't help your case.

Erm...write a letter to them and tell them how you feel, I guess?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I thought I was going mad perhaps they have decided to schedule the last episode on Friday night since they showed the first episode on friday night, however that change in schedule was to late in coming and they should have just went a head with the final episode of CSI season 5 on tuesday as per the RTE Guide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

A reply from head of scheduling at RTE (Mr. Andrew Fitzpatrick
    It is due to your forensic interest in our schedules that the potential mistake described in your email below was spotted in time. A new junior member of staff was unaware of the potential impact of scheduling CSI in such a fashion. The person in question has only been with us a short time, and as I'm sure you'd agree, it's perfectly understandable to make such mistakes in a new job. We have taken steps to ensure that the same situation does not arise in the future.
    >
    >So, thanks to your very timely intervention, the error was totally avoided. I'm delighted to see that you are such a fan of the CSI franchise.
    >
    >Thanks for taking the time to write to RTE.

I think I am pissing him off :) but at least they are listening to me.

And now for my reply to that sarcastic load of ****
    Dear Andrew,

I wish RTE could pass the bucket with this one, but unfortunately RTE always mess around with the schedules and it is highly annoying for all TV viewers when RTE do this. RTE have excellent taste in foreign imports but it either places them in the backs of the schedules or around the schedules as fillers either for sport or monthly shows.

Next week CSI will be off the air for Champions League Coverage, now I understand that soccer fans are very happy with RTE's exclusive terrestrial rights to the sporting event as it takes the action away from TV3's dreadful coverage but as usual CSI fans have to put up with being the filler in the schedule.

If RTE had some sort of show where the viewer could write in and get some sort of explanation as to what RTE are doing, a mailbag or a points of view style show, but It has been 10 years since RTE TV did any such show.

Just give CSI a proper time, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation is one of RTE's most popular American Imports surely RTE understands how annoyed viewers must be with their scheduling of the show.

And as I have point out in detail RTE have other shows (e.g. 24 www.fox.com/24) that have plenty of fans in Ireland but RTE choose to place them on at night.

Now don't blame the newbie, because it's a general issue. For example putting double episodes of Smallville at 3 in the morning without any kind of sequence.

Thank you for your time and effort

I guess CSI part two will be on friday as scheduled orginally :)

Okay some of that makes no sence but ahh! [EDIT] tidied up for boards I amn't emailing him again [/EDIT]
    Your grammar doesn't help your case.

Myself and Irishcsifan are so annoyed its coming out in our grammar. :(

Advertisement