Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibb, mac os x and Skype

• 19-09-2006 10:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭

Id be interested in getting irish broadband. im in dublin 8, opposite Patrick street. going for the basic 18.95 euro a month. i like it because there is no fixed 12 month line rental as i will be moving in 9months. (is this true)?

ill be mainly using it for skype on my mac os x 10.3. anybody thinks this is worth it?

dont have a phone line to get broadband with, so going wireless is the only option and looking for the cheapest option as well.

i tried searching for ibb but cant get the search function to work properly. i remember seeing a lot of people complain about it. is it that bad?

THanks for getting back

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

Spipov wrote:
    Id be interested in getting irish broadband. im in dublin 8, opposite Patrick street. going for the basic 18.95 euro a month. i like it because there is no fixed 12 month line rental as i will be moving in 9months. (is this true)?

ill be mainly using it for skype on my mac os x 10.3. anybody thinks this is worth it?

dont have a phone line to get broadband with, so going wireless is the only option and looking for the cheapest option as well.

i tried searching for ibb but cant get the search function to work properly. i remember seeing a lot of people complain about it. is it that bad?

THanks for getting back

Are you talking about Ripwave?

Please do a search and prepare for very BAD reviews!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

right. any other providers that dont require u to get a 12 month contract and arent very expensive?i dont need no download caps and stuff. just for the skype thingy..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I doubt if Ripwave will support skype. It has a shockingly bad reputation. Neither will Clearwire.

Your basic 1Mbit 6 month contract BT broadband is probably the best bet if you want a service which is stable enough for Skype.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I have the so called good IBB product Breeze and with all the packet loss I get on that its real bad for any VOIP set up, so I can only imagine how bad rip wave is.

Advertisement