Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning to Dive in the Bahamas

• 19-09-2006 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi all,

Me and my friend are going to be heading over to the Bahamas next month to learn to go Scuba diving. We've both never done it before so we're going to do the PADI 4 day Open water cert course.

Has anyone done this kind of 4 day course before, how intense is it and is it difficult to pass?

http://www.dive-bahamas.com/pages/diving/open-water.html

Thanks for your help. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Scuba.ie

Hi there, Yes, it is intense squashing the whole lot into four days. But if you keep at it, and read the manual before you go (if possible - get a loan if the dive centre won't send them on), then you should be ok. Being comfortable in the water is a big help, not just being able to swim. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CasimiR

hi Mojito,

I Did the open water course in Mexico a couple of weeks ago .. got everything done in less than 3 Days.
    It really is a matter of how confortable you re in the water.
    I did all the pool sessions in one go ( couple of hours 2 or 3 can t remember ) , the time consuming part is the Videos you have to watch.
    Also remember you need to do all the reading etc... usually outside of the "classroom"
    I hope you ll enjoy it, i know i dit !
    I m stuck with the flue since i came back, but as soon as i m "fixed" the plan is to find a local dive center to see what the irish sea looks like ( colder than the 30c if the Caribbeans that s for sure )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Mojito

Thanks guys!

I posted on this Scuba site and got pretty much the same replies! :D

www.scubaboard.com

I intend on joing a diving club when I get back to do some more courses. I get wait to go now. :D:D:D

Advertisement