Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Room in Galway City

Options
  • 19-09-2006 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a room (single or double) in a house or apartment. Should be close to Eyre Square or else within walking distance of the Parkmore industrial estate. Would like to have broadband in the the house. Looking to move in as soon as possible!

Cheers,

John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

walking distance of parkmore?
    you do realise that that's a 20 minute bus ride from eyre square?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Indeed, we will be looking for somebody in two weeks and I'm working on getting bband atm...
    Live on dominick street.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

Indeed, we will be looking for somebody in two weeks and I'm working on getting bband atm...
    Live on dominick street.

Sounds good, though I'm looking to move asap. How much is rent?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

300e a calendar month. We may be too late for you so.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

Managed to find a room, thanks anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

300e a calendar month. We may be too late for you so.
    ye jammy bollix!
    I was paying €400 pcm for my room in those apartments:(

I couldn't believe it, especially as my room is savage. It has a couch even. More like a livingroom with a double bed than a bedroom...

Ah, student life, roughing it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

You in "No.2"?
    Patio door for a window?

I saw that place last year, but a friend of the person needed the gaff more than I.
    Our landlord is selling so I've 3 weeks left here.
    I'll be out looking for places over the next few days. If you haven't found someone by then, give me a shout, though I guess it's the smaller (I think?) room you're looking to fill?

...and I just noticed the date of your post tar. Balls. Still, I need a nice new gaff. And must write a blog post about my plight in the hope of joyous abode procurement.

SyxPak wrote:
    You in "No.2"?
    Patio door for a window?
    I'm in number 1, there is two number ones, I'm the one two flights up. Why there are two number 1's I have no idea.

I'll be out looking for places over the next few days. If you haven't found someone by then, give me a shout, though I guess it's the smaller (I think?) room you're looking to fill?
    The girl is moving out this weekend and we still don't have anybody. Two people interested as well as yourself and we just will pick somebody I suppose. Nobody has come to view yet though.
    It is the smaller room ya, if you want to pop over and have a look give me a text or pm.

Would you have to wait three weeks to move in?
    Hmm

Landlord is selling the place, probably 2 weeks left here.
    Just started looking now, and the rent being asked is insane.
    Also, it seems alot of people don't quite realise that suburbs != city centre.

Some overly-optimistic "5mins to city centre".

I hate looking for accomoation, always depresses and angers me.

I'm looking for a large-ish room in a house, need space for desk+pc, double/"Bigger than single" bed, ward-drobe, some shelves and a bit of floor space to put down a bit of a rug.
    The brother would probably be moving in with me, and maybe a couple who are living with me at the moment.
    Budget is 100-120pw. Lower/including some bills if possible.
    Area: anywhere from shantalla to White Strand inward to Eyre square.

I'm going to go cry into my cocopops now.

• Advertisement

Heh, good luck with that man. My room or the one next to it would suit you perfect. ;)

Anyway, our room is gone now, so no more PMs people, thanks.(Sorry, my housemate organised somebody)
    An engineer called Rory, sexy.

They're the worst kind.

Engineers called Eamon are the best.

Advertisement