Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Family members in the wedding party

• 19-09-2006 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi Folks,

Just looking for some opinions on a subject, die to get married in a yr and we're only having 1 bridesmaid and 1 bestman. Bestman is a friend of mine and bridesmaid is brides sis, thing is i have a sister (only 1, just the two of us) so do you think it's strange that she would not be a bridesmaid, no real reason for just 1 bridesmaid, it's all she wanted. Do you think it's expected she would, only really thought about it lately, anyway, any opinions be appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭iguana

No that's not strange. I've known very few people to ask their intended's sibling to stand with them unless they were very close to that person themselves. I'm sure your sister won't be insulted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Who the bride has as her bridesmaids should really be up to the bride...expecting her to ask the grooms sibling whom she may not know would be unfair. I know a few brides who have become good friends with the SIL to be & ask because they are friends but I don't think it's a particular wedding tradition. hth :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 SaltySeaDog

cool, that will do, that's what i thought, just something came up over wend that made me bit paranoid about. Someone metioned it to me over wend it was tradition etc but never heard of it? anyway, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27 chigli

My cousin has 5 brothers and she asked one of them to be her 'maid of honour' (no he didn't wear a dress) but maybe you should ask your sister to be 'best man' if you really want her to be part of the wedding party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭smileygal

My cousin had his only sister as his best man. Worked perfectly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement