Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Food Poisoning. My personal Hell!

• 20-09-2006 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

For all those who don't take proper precautions with meat!

It all started one early morning when I put several pieces of chinese sauce coated chicken wings into a microwave. I bunged it on for two minutes. I left it, came back up and took it out and ate the lot. I realised the chicken wasn't cooked that well as the skin was not edible and the meat was still pink inside. I still ate it as was not in the mood to go up to the kitchen and put it on for a further two minutes.

After three hours, I began to have saliva trapped in the back of my throat. Like a pool of water at the back. The sensation like gargling water. I got up and had a bath around 6:30 am and one thing I noticed, was I felt achy and could barely move. I subsequently went to bed again and my entire day was frought with tossing and turning. I had begun to get a high temperature. I thought at first that it was because I had not slept for two nights on the trot. This was not the case. I woke up during periods of shivering and then ducked into sleep again. I woke up at 8pm. I then had something small to eat as no longer felt hungry. I went back to bed, but it became unbearable. A day or two later, I began to become loose with the bowels. My crap was turning into milkshake. It was turning a different colour and then I had diarea. Each time I was on the bog, I would lose lots of crap, I would also be sweating and dehydrating so badly that I felt I was going to pass out. Infact I had to get off bog and collapse on bed for a few seconds before the cramps came again. for the next few days, the cramps continued. I did feel sick but couldn't puke. It was too difficult. I subsequently went Nil by mouth and in the end when I did puke, it was simply water. My crap contained traces of blood and I thought I was dying. I became weaker and weaker and could not function anymore. Then I saw the doctor and got some medication. Some kiolin thingy which makes the body produce more solid stools whilst taking out toxins.
    After a day or two, I began to recover quite rapidly with the diarea. Though the stools were still runny, the colour did change and improved. As it was so bad, it knocked a lot of energy out of me and found myself drinking lots and lots. In the end i drank lucozade and in the last two days, got my energy back. My digestive system is taking time to work. It is producing solids but have to strain and wait longer than most. I have a sample of crap sent off to the local hospital for tests.

I am now recovered. I lost six pounds through water and lack of food. I have become vegetarian now. I cannot stomach meat anymore. It makes me feel sick. For those who don't think food poisoning is bad. Believe me, it is the worst experience you will get. It was probably Salmonella. Food poisoning is serious stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

So the moral of the story is?
    Microwaved chicken wings are bad, Lazy cooks /eaters get their just desserts?(bad pun)
    I have had bad food poisoning and it is no fun, eat lots of live yoghurt to help your stomach flora.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

Me and the boyf got food poisoning in Cyprus - it's not nice... Bet you won't touch a chicken wing for a while. Good news for chickens :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Visage wrote:
    I realised the chicken wasn't cooked that well as the skin was not edible and the meat was still pink inside. I still ate it as was not in the mood to go up to the kitchen and put it on for a further two minutes.
    A long, long time ago, when I used to suffer from depression, I took an overdose.

Even in that mental state I wouldn't have eaten chicken in that state. What on earth did you expect to happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,496 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you have diarrhoea unexplained or excessive, go to your doctor or at least your pharmacist, there are lots of products out there to relieve the symptoms. Worst case, if you dehydrate too much and loose all your body salts, you can end up with brain damage. Oral Rehydration Salts and 'antimotility' medicines are available from your pharmacy.

"About 2.2 million children die from dehydration [each year] due to diarrhoeal diseases, 80% of them in the first two years of life."

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭CrazySka

Dont want to sound like a bo**ocks man but its your own fault really. Undercooked chicken is very dangerous as is well known by most people, its one thing if you were served it in a restaurant unknowingly but you looked at, decided it wasnt right and ate it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Peaadina

I got food poisoning when I was 11 from a chinese take away. I was sick for months with it. It was horrible. I spent months on the loo lost a stone, I was really ill. for 3 weeks all I could eat was barley sticks. Missed tons of school!
    But to eat pink chicken because u were too lazy to put it in for 2 minutes????
    You actually Deserved it!!
    Good luck with the veg...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dats_right

I don't know what the point was of the OP. I mean he/she is stating the bloody obvious, it's like saying don't set fire to yourself because you will get burnt, or don't put your head through glass because you will cut yourself. ****WARNING**** Don't eat raw/uncooked chicken as it may lead to food poisoning! To be fair, I don't think that you are adding much to world of food safety.

I think that it's probably best if you stick to eating bowls of cereal, but be careful with the milk, in fact maybe you should stay clear of cereal too! Be careful OP did you know that recent research shows that green mold growing on food can also cause food poisoning- who would have ever thought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Don't drink Lucozade to replace fluid lost from diarrhoea. It even says so on the bloody bottle! Sure, you had a ****ty time, but you stuck your hand in a fire, and when you got burned, it seems like a massive shock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Has to be a troll. What kind of retard do you have to be to cook chicken for only 2 minutes in a microwave. Reheat already cooked chicken for two minutes maybe but cook chicken for 2 minutes.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement