Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Services Suitable for Gaming?

• 20-09-2006 2:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

I have clearwire atm, and it doesnt cut the mustard anymore.

I cant get a phone line installed and so similarly cable is most likely a no go.

Are any of the other services suitable for gaming? (DigiWeb etc?)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭DamoVOTF

Been looking this morning and I see all the other require an antenna on the roof, dont know if I can get permission for that in Uni halls.

Does anyone have experience of Digiweb Bizwave service for gaming? Or Irish Broadbands Breeze package? Are either of these suitable for gaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Breeze requires aerial on the roof. No way uni hall will allow you to get that installed. You're stuck to using clearwire or ripwave type products. Which are mostly useless for gaming tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 dyslexixboy

generally wireless is not a good idea for gaming, too much interferance that can affect the signal leading to lag and horrible gameplay. do your best to get a phone line or cable and if you can stay well away from wireless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

would irish broabands breeze not be good for gaming?? tought you get good pings with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

No. You can expect terrible pings/ terrible packet loss with Breeze. Avoid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Talk about an unfounded statement! I have IBB Breeze and have no problems gaming on it. I often have among the lowest pings on BF2 servers. Yes, some people have bad Breeze connections. But many more don't and have pings comparable to anyone on a cable or DSL connection.

Advertisement