Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Think I have been charged twice for my Boards Subscription

Options
  • 20-09-2006 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I use my paypal account to pay for my own subscription, and another Boardsie's subscription.
    I think I may have been overcharged though.
    A while ago I received an email asking me if I would like to renew my subscription, I said yes, and tick all the relevant boxes, etc.
    I was duly charged €5 for renewing, however, it would appear that my subscription, and the other Boardsie's subscription, then automatically renewed anyway - leaving me over charged by one months subscription fee - I think???

I would really appreciate it if someone could investigate the matter.
    I do want to renew both subscriptions, but didn't realise that they would automatically renew without my authorization.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

I copied and pasted this from my PayPal account:

All Activity - Simple View from Jul. 21, 2006 to Sep. 20, 2006
    Date Type To/From Name/Email Status Details Action Amount

Sep. 15, 2006 Payment To Boards.ie Limited Completed Details -€5.00 EUR
    Sep. 11, 2006 Payment To Boards.IE Limited Completed Details -€5.00 EUR
    Sep. 9, 2006 Payment To Boards.ie Limited Completed Details -€5.00 EUR (I think this is where I was overcharged)
    Aug. 15, 2006 Payment To Boards.ie Limited Completed Details -€5.00 EUR
    Aug. 11, 2006 Payment To Boards.ie Limited Completed Details -€5.00 EUR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

This may be better in the Help Desk, do you want me to move it over there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Yes please,

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Moved

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Mrs Doyle, it appears that a new subscription was created on the 9th, paypal (not boards.ie) is set to automatically renew from what I can see, this is why boards sends a reminder.

I have refunded the over payment but will continue to investigate.

Thanks for your patience.

Vex.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

My subscription seems to have vanished altogether now though, I didn't want to cancel it, just wanted to find out what I could do regarding the over payment.

Thanks for your help so far though, I appreciate it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement