Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts support?

Options
  • 20-09-2006 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi,

A question about support forum for adverts; is there no-one moderating it, or responding to issues? There are a lot of issues with RSS (some feeds haven't worked for a month), with items showing up as sold when they're not, etc. Most of these are going unanswered or even unacknowledged by any mod. The current issues stickie hasn't been updated since 12/09, and that was by a user complaining rather than a mod.

I know this is a busy site with lots of (much appreciated) work put into it, but adverts is quite busy and nobody seems to be addressing some fairly major concerns.

I personally know of several people who use adverts but not boards as its such a useful service. It deserves a better level of support.

I would have posted this on adverts support but thats pointless for obvious reasons..........don't want to come over as whining, but this needs to be looked at.

cc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

There are lots of technical issues with both boards.ie and adverts.ie

The fact that the current issues thread was sticked shows that mods are paying attention - only mods can make a thread sticky.

Most of the issues can't be dealt with by mods, or even s-mods, but only by the (even busier) admins. Many of them can only be dealt with by some of the admins. Hence these threads are of most important to the people who spend the highest percentage of their boards-time doing things to make it all better for us all. Hence they tend to spend more of their time trying to do stuff and less telling people "yes, I know, on the to-do list" and hence they often seem to be absent when they're actually beavering away. Really, the times you do see some of the admins is when they're too tired to work on anything and are having a rare moment of actually using the site like the rest of us.

In summary - yes the technical issues are noted. Please do add to the current issues sticky if you find new things (don't take a lack of direct response as you being ignored). No, we can't say when any of them will or will not be resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭clubcrown

Talliesin wrote:
    There are lots of technical issues with both boards.ie and adverts.ie

The fact that the current issues thread was sticked shows that mods are paying attention - only mods can make a thread sticky.

Fair enough - I wasn't trying to be snarky, I think adverts is excellent; but there seem to be a lot of teething problems and people are getting pissed off (anecdotally, anyway). When you have users posting stuff on the support forum along the lines of "don't bother posting requests, the admins aren't interested", then you have a problem.

One or two of the issues are big ones, for example my particular bugbear is the RSS feeds - they're very broken and have been for a month or more. I would have thought that something like that would be bumped up the priority list.

These aren't some minor problems that are low priority; with the RSS issue, I missed out on quite a few items I would have bid on because the proper feeds weren't appearing. That makes the site useless for anyone accessing via RSS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

clubcrown wrote:
    Fair enough - I wasn't trying to be snarky
    I didn't take it as that at all.

There is a perception issue where the very fact that when the admins are doing stuff on boards they are ipso facto very busy that can give the false impression that they aren't doing much.

All I can say, is that things are indeed being done, and the admins continue to push boulders up hills in their Sisyphean labours.

Advertisement