Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb ZyXEL 660 dropping DSL connection.

• 20-09-2006 9:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi,
    Has anyone else had problems with their Digiweb ZyXEL 660 modem dropping the DSL link?

It's happening me about once a day, powering off and on fixes it each time.
    I have only the one phone hooked up to the same phone line also located at the computer and using the Digiweb provided microfilter.

Any ideas how to fix this?
    Would a different modem possibly work better or is it my phone line?

Thanks,
    Paul.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If a different modem ...any one at all... can keep the dsl synch on you can at least blame the digiweb one. Some modems are better at micro line conditions than others. One may be good on current , another on noise, another on retraining quickly rather than losing connection.

It would save lots of time and head scratching if you borrowed one for the weekend.

1. You could be on too high a package for your line ...maybe downgrade from 3 to 2 ...etc.
    2. the modem may be faulty to some degree , intermittent faults are the worst of course :(
    3. you may vacumn clean your house every day at about that time and put a spike thru the electrics :p If in a flat your neighbour may vacumn clean every day .

Advertisement