Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband options in drogheda - colpe cross exchange.

Options
  • 20-09-2006 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Ive a mate whos just moved into the grange rath estate in Drogheda (colpe cross exchange) Hes renting and hasnt got a landline in yet. He managed to get a neighbours number and do a line check on eircoms site. No go, so I take it they are out. He was looking at digiweb but they need to put something in the attic or something and as a renter thats a no go.

Can anyone who lives in the area maybe share how they get their BB or anyone else with any other ideas feel free to pipe in (Im looking at you Sponge Bob, you usually have all the options :D)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I used IBB in Drogheda with no problems whatsoever, so did a mate of mine in Grande Rath.
    Digiweb are also available in Grange Rath AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Fitzee

IBB in Drogheda is only Breeze, so you'll have the same issue with putting an antenna on the roof as you would with Digiweb. I think Digiweb Metro is a good option for him, though the entry level is a 12 month contract.... 6 Month contract for 3Mb/512k 30GB Cap, 35 euro a month plus 89.66 euro install. Not bad. Plus there's a phone line included in the package.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I think Digiweb are doing free Metro installation at the moment according to their tv ad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Cheers for the replies lads. As I said though, digiweb is no good to him. Their looking to install something in the attic & hes renting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Tell him to send a letter to eircom and comreg asking why an exchange commissioned less than 2 years ago does not have DSL in it. They probably won't tell you that they forgot to make the cabinet at the entrance of the estate big enough for broadband equipment.

There's nothing else he can really do, sadly.

Edit: Ask a neighbour if they could share their broadband. Most people are with Digiweb or Irish Broadband who do not give wireless routers but some have bought wireless access points and routers. You could get broadband that way. Ask around the vicinity.

• Advertisement
Advertisement