Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - need to find pet mice

Options
  • 20-09-2006 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭

I kept mice a few years ago and promised my kids we could get some. I've called all the pet shops I can find and they don't/won't stock them and I can't find them anywhere. Does anyone know where I might get some?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭flynnc

have you tryed copsewood aviaries,copsewood , kilmacanogue tel 2862087

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Yip, they said they wouldn't be stocking mice for the forseeable future. I rang most of the pet shops in the Golden pages and they all said they didn't plan to sell mice. I guess they aren't as popular as the cute looking stuff (hamsters and gerbils) but I had them for years before and prefer them due to their quiet nature and the fact they aren't nocturnal. If anyone comes across any, or knows someone who breeds rodents for shows, you might drop me a line.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Try Hadook on this board, I think she had mice a good while ago you never know when she might be landed with some rescue mice, mabey just let her know if any come up you would be interested.
    http://www.jirdrescue.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I had mice but got rid of them due to the smell - this is why most pet shops will not stock them same as rats the smell & look of them put people off of owning them.

You may have luck with people who breed mice for reptile food??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Its been a while since I was last in there, but I think the pet shop in Dun Laoghaire has mice. They might have had a rat or two as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Ditto, they had a few when I was in last week. They appeared to be quite good quality too (I had a cuddle of them :)), which is unusual for pet shop mice. Give them a call and see if they have any left.

Pet Shop and Fish FX (96 Patrick St. Dun Laoghaire)
    (01)2808940

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 spudmurf

I have a really cute, friendly mouse in my woodshop (at least I think it's just one). Nice as it is, it's eating some of my wood stock. you can have it/them.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Cheers spudmurf - they would be very expensive mice if I flew to Canada to pick him up!!

I finally found some in the brilliant pet shop in New Ross and am collecting a pair of does tomorrow. The search is over - I'll post pics when they are settled into their new home.

'cptr

too bad you didn't need some mice a few months ago. my brother wobbled over to your isle for a walkabout. he could have dropped them off for a pint.

call me spud btw
    ta:cool:

oh, and i have some pretty heathy rats too. could keep your garbage bill down a bit.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I have someone who is looking to find homes for pet mice

Advertisement