Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche in Dublin 8 area?

Options
  • 20-09-2006 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Our son is in a Crèche at the moment, he's been going to it about 2 1/2 months. He is just 2 1/2 and he hates going into it, he balls his eyes out every time, I taught he would of grow out of this by now, but no. :(

He's become quite bold since he has being going there, he is slapping people for absolutely no reason. We are not sure what to do but we where thinking of moving him to another crèche in the area.

Can anyone recommend a crèche in the Dublin 8 area?

Or do you think to just leave him where he is and just try to help him with this situation?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Sounds like he is having a rough adjustment.
    Are you happy with the care being given other then him acting out ?
    Have you spoken with the people in the creche about this ?
    What have you done to help him with this?
    I know it can be hard to be strict with him when you don't see him as much but it needs to be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Thaedydal wrote:
    Sounds like he is having a rough adjustment.
    Are you happy with the care being given other then him acting out ?

Yeah. I'm not 100% about the care given, I just dropped him off there at 1:30 and he was crying as usual and he went into his class. He came running towards the window beside the door where I was hanging his coat and he hit his mouth off the window ledge, I got an awful fright and had to knock at the class room door to say it to one of the helpers. Tbh I don't think I should of had to tell them, they should of been watching him, he only went in 10 seconds before this.
    Thaedydal wrote:
    Have you spoken with the people in the crèche about this ?

Yeah, I spoke to the lady who runs the crèche about him taking a long time to settle in and she said well he hasn't been in in 3 weeks (2 weeks on holiday and 1 week sick), I said that's true but before he was still upset going in. So we just said that we'd give him a bit more time and see how he gets on.
    Thaedydal wrote:
    What have you done to help him with this?

Well, we've being telling him that he's not to slap people etc. Normally he is very good, the G/F said it to me that she thinks he's become bold since he started in the crèche.

I also think he's in there too long for his age, 1:30 to 4:30 Mon-Fri ? Is this too long for a 2 1/2 year old? I know it's good for his social skills but I dunno. :confused:
    Thaedydal wrote:
    I know it can be hard to be strict with him when you don't see him as much but it needs to be done.

I'm actually quite strict with him. I've never hit him ever, but I have great patience and he respects this. He is a very well behaved young boy I'm just a little concerned about this crèche.

PS - His mouth was fine :)

Advertisement