Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Dublin 1 can I buy a desk thermometer

Options
  • 20-09-2006 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Where in Dublin 1 can I buy a desk thermometer.

There are 4 air conditioning units in the office that I work in, 3 of which are broken. The 1 unit is used to cool the whole office (which has about 25 people, monitors and PC). Earlier this week the manager decided to turn off the 4th unit as it was sending too much cool air on the person directly below it. Now the office is like a sauna, and there is no natural ventilation (no opening windows). Where in Dublin 1 can I buy a thermometer so I can prove that the residual temperature in the office is above the legal 27.5 degrees that is described in the health and safety legislation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Lidl had them on a week or so ago. I know Lidl in Ballyowen (Lucan) certainly has a few left. They are a digital weather station thingy.

Here they are....

05_2178_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Argos do something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,893 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I bought a couple for the same reason last year - got them in the hardware shop near Fitzwilliam Square (towards the Baggot St end).
    That's D2 not D1 but it's the best I can do :)

We have a huge south-facing glass wall in the place and little ventilation, last year temperatures were hitting 30C, thankfully this year air con was put in. The problem now is people putting it on at a freezing cold level :eek: then leaving it on at nights/weekends :eek: :eek:

God knows what the energy consumption of all this is but the building is a really bad 80s design with a huge glass atrium (fancy name for a greenhouse). Apparently the whole thing was supposed to be left open-plan which would have allowed some circulation of air, but the landlord partitioned it off...

The ironic thing is that every October we are freezing in there waiting for them to turn the heating on, they go by calendar not weather :rolleyes: Then when they do decide it's time to turn it on, something breaks and it takes 2-3 weeks to get it sorted. It wouldn't occur to them to test/service it 1 month before it's needed, now would it?!

Sorry for the rant there :D

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Advertisement