Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining 1.5" pipe together at right angles.

Options
  • 20-09-2006 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

I am trying to build a frame to sit my drum kit upon. Commercially available racks are very expensive and I hope to build one instead using parts from B&Q. They have chromed steel tubing and aluminium tubing in the right diameter but I need to identify the best way of connecting the tubes together. I want to make a frame that has one horizontal cross tube (about 40" long) and two 32" upright supports on T-legs. The frame needs to be adjustable so has anyone any suggestions?
    U-bolts are one possible option but they look intrusive.
    Look forward to any advice. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

op: when u say adjustable, what do u mean.

In passing, if u have the two 32" uprights connected by the single 40" horz bar, it will be unstable unless the connections are V strong, particulatrly if u need it adjustable.

Any chance of scanning a sketch or a pic of what u have in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Key Clamps are adjustable with an allen key
    www.keyclamp.co.uk
    Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭slavedave

Thanks posters.

Hi I was thinking of a rack frame like this below:

showitem.asp?ItemID=43374

I thought we had hit on something with the clamp suppier, but when I checked the specs on the diameters on the linked site, they are not the same as the standard drum rack accesories and could prove problematic upgrading in the future.:(
    So open to any more inspiring ideas.

Advertisement