Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show me the MONEY!

Options
  • 20-09-2006 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Don't forget lads, €100 tomorrow night.

No Pay - No Play.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Des, I don't mean to make trouble, but what exactly are we paying for?

With only a week to go, nobody on the team seems to know, where we will be playing, which league we will be playing in, what the story with the kit is, or what the story with training is, and trying to organise somewhere to have a decent training session.

I know ye have been busy the last few weeks, and have been unable to attend the last few trainings, but we really need to start getting things together. Last night after training, it was generally felt that the above questions need to be answered.

Just in relation to soemthing that was said last night too, can we try to organise either a friendly between ourselves or a game against another team, the key being that we get to play on a full pitch, whether it be astro or not, as come the start of the league, we could all find ourselves in positions that we hadn't expected to be playing in.
    If we could orgainse a pitch for Sunday afternoon, hopefully it would suit everybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'm just typing a fuller reply - sorry. I hit submit by mistake.

Roddy23 wrote:
    Des, I don't mean to make trouble, but what exactly are we paying for?
    The money is being paid so we can enter a league. It costs €1500 to enter the league.
    Roddy23 wrote:
    With only a week to go, nobody on the team seems to know, where we will be playing, which league we will be playing in,
    We are registered to play in the www.astro.ie Mens 11-a-side Winter League.
    Thank you for Registering with Astro Soccer for the:
    Mens 11 a side Winter 2006/2007 Season in Dublin

Your teams place for this competition is only guaranteed when payment is received.
    Dear des *******;Neil *******;Anthony *****,

Thank you for Registering Boardeaux for the:

Mens 11 a side

Winter 2006/2007 Season in Dublin.

We will be in touch shortly with full details of this competition.

Kind Regards,

Astro Soccer Leagues.
    Starting Monday 25 September 2006

# Divisions consist of 10 teams each playing 18 league games 60 minutes in duration.
    # All games are refereed by qualified referees.
    # All results, fixtures, tables, reports etc... are held on the web site.
    # At the end of each season there is a presentation night for all teams with great prizes.
    # Unlimited Squad sizes, Subs may come on and off at any stage.
    # All teams must register on-line
    # Games are played, Weekdays evenings from 18:30:00 - 23:00:00.
    # Fixtures are based on teams locations.
    Price
    € 1300 + 13.5% VAT (Total: € 1475.5) League Fees
    € 300 Referee Fees

Entry fee must be paid in advance of the league starting.
    Roddy23 wrote:
    what the story with the kit is,
    As far as I know the kit is ready and waiting for collection. KDjacL will be able to answer that one better than I can.
    Roddy23 wrote:
    or what the story with training is, and trying to organise somewhere to have a decent training session.
    Right. I'm not a qualified coach. I have asked for help on the forum with stuff like tactics and training. I got two decent replies.

Now, Neil has PMd me and said he's trying to organise an training pitch for this weekend.

Roddy23 wrote:
    I know ye have been busy the last few weeks,and have been unable to attend the last few trainings, but we really need to start getting things together. Last night after training, it was generally felt that the above questions need to be answered.
    OK, the last two training sessions. Saturday I couldn't come, circumstances beyond my control. Last night, I said I wouldn't be there because of work, but I will be there tomorrow. I have said that I will only be able to commit to one night a week for this, and one day at the weekend.

I hope I have gone some way to answering the questions you asked. I'm glad you asked them. If anyone else has anything they want addressed, please don't hesitate to ask.
    Roddy23 wrote:
    Just in relation to soemthing that was said last night too, can we try to organise either a friendly between ourselves or a game against another team, the key being that we get to play on a full pitch, whether it be astro or not, as come the start of the league, we could all find ourselves in positions that we hadn't expected to be playing in.
    If we could orgainse a pitch for Sunday afternoon, hopefully it would suit everybody.
    I was going to start a thread about this. I'd rather we play another team, but neither myself or Anto has been able to get a team to play us.

Now, if we get a pitch for the weekend, we'll definitely play a match on a proper pitch, and I'll try to put the Starting XI I have in mind together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

100 notes transferred by online banking just now Des, I marked my name as a reference on it. Can you let me know if you got it?
    As stated elsewhere, I won't be able to make tomorrow night, it'd be great if the match/training at the weekend was on Saturday too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Kit is sorted , Des covered everything else.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Me and Heffo will be paying tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Mikie

Hi there:

Any space left on a team.

Played a bit would like to play a bit more.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Mikie wrote:
    Hi there:

Any space left on a team.

Played a bit would like to play a bit more.

Cheers.

Training tomorrow at 6.30 on the gaa pitches behind the cricket ground in the Phoenix Park. Probably the last chance for anyone new to come down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

I work late every thursday, but i live near three rock. I presumed there was a possibility of maybe going down if you's were short some nights, but i guess not???

Can't make it tonight - Wish I could - If there's a kick about another night?

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Des - I'll give you one hundred European Monetary Units in jonny cash at training tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Hoodle

Gaffer, couldn't make training tonight through work - month end and all that nonsense.

Is it cool to transfer the money to the account tonight?

Hoodle wrote:
    Gaffer, couldn't make training tonight through work - month end and all that nonsense.

Is it cool to transfer the money to the account tonight?

Yeah its cool Simon. I'm doin the same myself. That makes 15 who've coughed up!

Me = paid.

cormie wrote:
    Me = paid.

Cormie where was your mate Stephen tonight? Is he in?

He said he'll definitely pay and play. He knows what the situation is so I'm assuming he's gonna do what he said.

Hi there lads:

Any more practice - would like to try out for the team?

Cheers.

Sunday at 2pm.

Details will appear here tomorrow as to where to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

see astro on sunday thread under this one

kdjac

seansouth wrote:
    Sunday at 2pm.

Details will appear here tomorrow as to where to go.

Hey there Sean:

Game on? Is it possible to have a run?

Cheers,

Mikie.

• Advertisement

Yes.

Come out and play.

seansouth wrote:
    Yes.

Come out and play.

Hey there Sean:

Where is the game on?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Mikie wrote:
    Hey there Sean:

Where is the game on?

It's in Coolmine, just look at the other thread called "Astro on Sunday" for details.

Quick Update.

I checked at the bank machine this morning, here is €600 in the account.

I have €1,200 in readies at home in an envelope, so that's €1,800 that I know about, if there's still another few people who transferred on Friday, it may have not shown up on the account yet.

That is enough money to pay the complete league fees.

I emailed the Legaue this morning too, asking about when they want money, this is the third time I hvae emailed them, and they haven't gotten back to me yet.

As long as you don't get a mail like this from them like I got last week for my 6 a side team (i registered at the start of august)

"Hi Lads,

As things stand we do not have a place for you in the leagues starting next week.

The leagues are heavily overbooked and we do not have sufficient pitch time to accommodate everyone.

Unfortunately we have less hours in the winter as hockey clubs give their own teams first priority.

We are trying to secure further pitch slots and will be in touch once we can offer you a place.

If you have sent in your league fees they will be refunded to you (mail finance@astro.ie), if not please do not send anything until we can guarantee you a place.

Sincerest apologies for this, we are doing our best to make sure everyone can play.

Please bear with us for a little while.

Regards,
    ASL"

Bollix.
    Hi Des,

The leagues are fully booked out but we have you on the waiting list and if there any drop outs we will be in touch.

Regards,

Figured as much :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

>:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Ah t1ts. Anybody on here have a bit of clout? maybe jump up the queue a bit.

• Advertisement

any other leagues we can enter at this late stage?

Advertisement