Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show me the MONEY!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Bollix alright :(

uh oh... what do we do? Any other leagues around? Even on grass?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

ah balls to that.

can we try the nighthawks league instead? don't know anything about it though.

Des - maybe get back to them and ask how many are on the waiting list and say you have cash ready to roll?

UCD and Trinity both have social leagues, I've played in both, standard was alright. Trinity one is Mega League, dunno what the name of the UCD one is. You play on grass on Saturdays or Sundays and I don't know if it's only open to students or what the story is. Maybe you have to only have a few students or maybe even graduates, might be an option.

Nighthawks is deffo full up :(
    Originally Posted by cormie
    Hi,
    saw your post in the boards team thread about a "mess" team in UCD? Could you explain a bit about this please? Is there a "mess" league or just one team in UCD? Do you need to be a student to join? I don't know what to ask about something I know nothing about so if you could let me know I might hoard you with some more questions
    Corm
    It's a "mess" league alright, I don't know too much about it, a friend of mine did it last year and I plan on doing it this year. It's 11 a-side on the astro pitches and it costs €50 per player for the year. To join the teams you have to be a student but once each team has a certain amount of UCD students, there's always outsiders playing "secretely" if you catch my drift. I'm back in college on the 10th Sept. so I'll forward you on some more details then, or if you have any more questions you can ask me them here. My friend and I don't know enough people in UCD to make up a full team, so we'll be on the team made up of all the people who just join looking to play and not having a team organised so you would probably be able to get a good few games if you're interested?

That's a PM I sent and the reply I got about the UCD "Superleague".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

can we try the nighthawks league instead? don't know anything about it though.
    I've emailed Nighthawks.

Des - maybe get back to them and ask how many are on the waiting list and say you have cash ready to roll?
    Did that as soon as I got the email Jules. :)
    UCD and Trinity both have social leagues, I've played in both, standard was alright. Trinity one is Mega League, dunno what the name of the UCD one is. You play on grass on Saturdays or Sundays and I don't know if it's only open to students or what the story is. Maybe you have to only have a few students or maybe even graduates, might be an option.
    Looking at Cormie's post it seems we'll need students, are any of you lads students in UCD/Trinity?

We don't want to be adding any more players to our ranks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

That UCD Superleague's registration finished up last Thursday, I know this cos my brother is organising a team for him and his mates. Think you need something like 8/9 students from UCD to participate.

I think we should concentrate on Astro.ie, there are always a few dropouts, but we should defo keep training, and more of the same as yesterday will only improve us, so that when we do join up, we will be up to the pace. I am only saying this, as I was wrecked after the game yesterday, and I was in goal.:)

• Advertisement

Wasn't able to make it yesterday but definitely agree, we HAVE to keep this up even if we don't get on any official league. Even our own 11 VS 11 games are great fun. There's a great 7 aside astro in Loughlinstown, no throw ins or anything, has a net on top and the ground is good. Best part? It's only €25 an hour and if nobody is in the queue, you can stay for longer. I know Louglinstown is probably out of the way for a lot of you. It's just off the M50. Could be an option if we can't get on a league, I'm sure we'd get 14 to each one. Get 20 could have 2 five aside games. Have a little cup:D

yeh, this is a bummer alright, and we're just starting to form a decent team and all. I'd be on for doing the same again next Sunday cos it's games like that that will improve us the most. I'd opt for a full size 11-a-side pitch if possible though.

Think the UCD one is €90 an hour, might be worth a go.

Lads if the worst comes to the worst, and we can't get into any leagues, what about seeing to block book either a 10 a side pitch, or an 11 a side pitch. The leagues will be on over the Winter, but there'll be a new one come April, May.

We could pay off the jersey's, and then whatever money is left over block book, a good pitch, for the next few months. Its probably too early to decide now, as we should see how the Astro pans out, but yesterday was good craic, and more of the same would keep me happy (for the time being).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Disaster.
    Roddy23 wrote:
    Lads if the worst comes to the worst, and we can't get into any leagues, what about seeing to block book either a 10 a side pitch, or an 11 a side pitch. The leagues will be on over the Winter, but there'll be a new one come April, May.

We could pay off the jersey's, and then whatever money is left over block book, a good pitch, for the next few months. Its probably too early to decide now, as we should see how the Astro pans out, but yesterday was good craic, and more of the same would keep me happy (for the time being).

Agreed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

agreed, it would be a crime to let it fall apart now. Any chance of booking the same pitch again for this weekend?

• Advertisement

We've already booked Coolmine for Sunday, from 3-5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Dunno if I'd be comfortable with the idea of putting money aside for a league starting in May, tis a long way away...

Open to any other suggestions though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    We've already booked Coolmine for Sunday, from 3-5.

Good work :cool:

Savman wrote:
    Dunno if I'd be comfortable with the idea of putting money aside for a league starting in May, tis a long way away...

Yeah me too, I'm almost certainly going to be out of the country by May anyway.

Yeah me too, I'm almost certainly going to be out of the country by May anyway.

moving to Newcastle??

Lads dont be getting too far ahead of ourselves. For the moment, we can still play up in coolmine. When the Astro.ie realise the mistake they have made omitting Boardeux, then we can join up.

Roddy23 wrote:
    moving to Newcastle??

He's onto me, sh1t. :eek:

Hi Des,

12 last count. (The amount of teams on the waiting list, I asked them how many there were)

We are hoping to get some more hours but there is no guarantee of that.

We will keep you posted of anything that comes available either by new leagues or by dropouts.

Regards,
    So don't abandon all hope just yet comrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

About the trinity mega league, its normally planned to start around the start of november and theres meant to be some stipulation about only having 3 non tcd students per team but that wasnt enforced at all,there was even a team of non students last year so if the astro thing falls through ill approach the member of staff tho runs the league and see if he can accomodate you lot.

Although if that was to happen ill have to drop out and go back to my old team. Best option is to wait and see on the astro.ie though

we have at least 4 trinity graduatess in me, lobo, serbian, and bartagh. joe that played for the first time is also a graduate. it might make a difference if its something we need to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Very much enjoyed our training on sunday despite being hungover to a disturbing degree - playing on astro is much better than that gaa pitch in pheno :)

I play on a monday night in the railway union in sandymount - the pitch is bigger than where we played in coolmine so would suit our numbers. I'll find out how much it costs / when it's available etc.

I'd be on for continued training while we try and find a league that isn't scared of our skills.

• Advertisement

LoBo wrote:
    I play on a monday night in the railway union in sandymount - the pitch is bigger than where we played in coolmine so would suit our numbers. I'll find out how much it costs / when it's available etc.
    That would be great Colm, cheers for that.

Here are the transactions to date on the Boardeaux Bank Account.

trans.JPG

The following people have said they've transferred money, posting here or in PM.

L5 / Seamus - on the transfer list.
    QuBall15 Enda - on the transfer list.
    Serbian Peter - on the transfer list.
    Savman Shane - on the transfer list.
    EMC2 Michael - on the transfer list.
    Lobo - Colm - on the transfer list.

:D

MrJones Brian - not on the list. - Post stating payment made on Fri 22nd Sept at 14:11
    Simon Hoodle - not on the list. - Post stating payment made on Sat 23rd Sept at 13:10

Stephen Heffo - not on the list - PM telling me he's paying either by Transfer or hard cash when he sees me next.

So that's 20 people Who have paid, just waiting for the last two payments to settle into the account I suppose.

I've trawled my PMs and posts in various threads, so if anyone else is missing that has Transferred money, let me know please, and I can edit the list.

Simon - any word on John?

I asked John and he said he'd be willing to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ryder2

Hello Des
    Im not sure whats going on but I hear we're not in the astro league? So, who are we playing on Sunday?
    Is there any chance we will have a team in the astro

Ryder2 wrote:
    Is there any chance we will have a team in the astro
    Didn't you know this was all just an internet scam to relieve us of €100? Des' real name is Lyle Lanley he has a history in building dodgey monorails :D:D:D

And we fell for it hook, line and sinker. I should have known there was something up when he said he was a Shelbourne fan. :(

Savman wrote:
    Didn't you know this was all just an internet scam to relieve us of €100? Des' real name is Lyle Lanley he has a history in building dodgey monorails :D:D:D
    Muhahahahaha

You'll never see me again! evil_4.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

atleasst sing us a catchy song before you go...

Gileadi wrote:
    atleasst sing us a catchy song before you go...
    :rolleyes: Oh all right then
    THE Football Team SONG
    Lyle Langley: I've sold football teams to Brockway, Ogdenville, and North Haverbrook. And, by gum, it put them on the map. Well, sir, there's nothing on earth like a genuine, bona fide, electrified, twenty-five player football team. What'd I say?

KdjacL: Football Team!

Langley: What's it called?

FrankGrimes and QuBall15: Football Team

(team softly chants "football team" over and over)

Xavi6: I hear those teams are awfully good.

Langley: They play as well as Pele could .

L5: Is there a chance the team could win?

Langley: Not on your life, my Hindu friend.

MrJoeSoap: What about us brain-dead slobs?

Langley: You'll be given cushy jobs.

Savman: Were you sent here by the devil?

Langley: No good sir, I'm on the level.

Roddy23: The ring came off my pudding can.

Langley: Take my pen knife, my good man.

(Team stops chanting "football team")

I swear it's Boardsie's only choice! Throw up your hands and raise your voice!

Team: Football Team!

Langley: What's it called?

Langley: Once again!

Cormie: But The Phoenix Park's still all cracked and broken.

Hoodle: Sorry, man, the team has spoken.

Crowd: Football Team!...Football Team!...Football Team!... Football Team!

• Advertisement

:)

Advertisement