Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to look for

Options
  • 20-09-2006 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭

Hey all, sorry if you get a thousand of these threads. if so please direct me to last one.

Anyway, I play some racket sports and am going to start running in addition.

What sort of shoe should I be looking for? Keep in mind that this isn't going to be professional or anything and if the running goes well I'd probably upgrade at some point to a more professional shoe.

Any suggestions on what to look for? Like the previous post on where to go I don't want to go into a shop full of spotty teenagers recommending the all new microflex(C) system which keeps the part in your hair while runing.

Basically a good basic shoe is all I'm looking for.

Your help is greatly appriciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054976734

If you're near enough I'd suggest going to Amphibian King in bray. You get a proper gait analysis done for free if you're buying shoes there, and the shoes are the same price as you'd pay elsewhere anyway.

Be very careful if you're planning on using the same shoe for raqeut sports and running. A lot of running shoes have a lot of lateral support as you don't really move sideways while running. So you may be more likely to turn your foot in them.

Otherwise lots of googling for how to find out what foot-type you have and even then it's pretty difficult without a video of you running. There's some advice and links on how to work it out in that other thread.

Advertisement