Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who wants a job?

Options
  • 20-09-2006 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

Afternoon gamers,

A friend of mine is recruiting for an online game company who need dedicated gamers to act as guides through their online world.

I was wondering if the mods would mind if I post a job spec to see if anyone is interested?

Getting paid to play games, cant be bad.

If the mods have a problem, please delete and PM why!

Thanks

Magoo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

im interested pm me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Yook

pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I too, am interested and would like to subscribe to your newsletter! Or a simple PM would work either. However, unless its limited specifically to MMORPG's, I'd suggest you post it again on the games forum.

I know recently a similar post was put up there and while the particular user was banned (as it was seen as spamming/advertising) the post remained untouched.

So, with that in mind, any further details you wish to share with the rest of us? Or should I just wait for the seedy PM to arrive and open it in the quiet shadows? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭The_Magoo

To all,
    Thanks for your interest, I want to clear up a few things!
    I am a fairly regular user of Boards, and I enjoy my time here so I try to respect the rules, therefore I would like to hear from a mod in regards to posting a job spec.
    The job itself is in regards to MMORPG, hence why I posted it here.
    As for pm to the individuals who have replied, my friend is just enquiring with her company about there position on using such a medium as a forum to find suitable candidates. I will keep ye informed.

thanks
    Magoo

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If this is the one advertised on irishjobs.ie, it sounds like a good deal for you if you love your games. Pay's not great, but more than enough to keep you going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Oh really, more info seamus? Even if its not the same one, I would love to apply for both :p

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

i'll take one of them there pms please:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I would be intrested too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

Speaking of jobs as GM's in Dublin...I heard GUILD WARS were hiring GM's in Dublin.

Ah well, coincidence I suppose.

Guild Wars is crap so lets hope your hiring for EvE or something

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Thaedydal wrote:
    I would be intrested too.

As would i

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

There were two women at the WCG LAN yesterday from Millenium Recruitment handing out leaflets saying there are jobs going as MMORPG GM's, guides, and gaming team leaders. I thought maybe they were CV farming.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

could i get a pm plese i work part time and fill the other part with games anyway so would like more info

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Illkillya wrote:
    There were two women at the WCG LAN yesterday from Millenium Recruitment handing out leaflets saying there are jobs going as MMORPG GM's, guides, and gaming team leaders. I thought maybe they were CV farming.
    Yeah they were there. Offering jobs for the Irish side of WOW.
    I believe you have to play 24 hours a week and would get 23, 000 minimum a year, depending on your level.
    Well, as far as I remember, CuLT was the one who directly talked to them. I was in a world of my own looking at the flashing lights and candy.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

if possible could i get a pm also? thanks mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I'd like a PM about this too.

However I'd rpefer a console gaming job :D

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭gagalina

Hey,

could you pm me aswell please?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Yeah they were there. Offering jobs for the Irish side of WOW.
    I believe you have to play 24 hours a week and would get 23, 000 minimum a year, depending on your level.
    Well, as far as I remember, CuLT was the one who directly talked to them. I was in a world of my own looking at the flashing lights and candy.
    Dang, if they'd offer that on CoX I'd jump on the offer, I clock about 35hrs a week in spite of a real job, could have 2 jobs..., one which I actually don't count the hours passing. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Pm me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Eve are hiring but the requirements are high. -> 3 years in game??!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Very interested, PM me please ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

G'wan then, me too.

Has Anyone Actually Applied For This?????
    I Have My Interview And Written Test For This Tomorrow...............

Not Worried About The Interview But Whats Up With The Written Test Anyone Done It??? Got Any Ideas/hints For Me

Sorry For Caps But Need An Answer By Tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You should be fine as long as you don't capitalise every word in the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Carnate

PeakOutput wrote:
    Has Anyone Actually Applied For This?????
    I Have My Interview And Written Test For This Tomorrow...............

Not Worried About The Interview But Whats Up With The Written Test Anyone Done It??? Got Any Ideas/hints For Me

Sorry For Caps But Need An Answer By Tomorrow

Well i also have been approached by some people to Look for GM's and other games staff for a leading MMORPG, as to the written test, i think it may be to test you games knowledge and your games experience. Hope this helps

thanks for replies she told me that what its on alright i was more looking for "sample questions" which may or may not have come up already lol

havnt played the game in a little while so just wana know if ill be up for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

If you scroll down to the bottom of the Millenium Recruitment page you can see the MMORPG vacancies mentioned by someone above...
    http://www.irish-vacancies.com/vacancies.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I would like a PM also about this :)

by the way no1 is pming ppl about this you gta find the contact details and get in touch with them...............no1 contacted me i jsut found an email address(ill share it when i know i have the job or not)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭The_Magoo

Hi,
    Sorry, but been very busy lately, will pm those who have shown interest. To be honest I dont know if theroles have been filled yet but will pm with email so ye can find out!

Thanks
    Magoo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Carnate

The roles have not been filled as of yet, and there are quite a few to fill approx 100, Also PM me if you would like details.

Carnate

Advertisement