Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physically move my Sky Dish

Options
  • 20-09-2006 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I want to move my dish on my house. I have all the tools to physically move it but does anyone know if its difficult to get the reception back to where it was. I have no co ordinate compass or anything like that.

Any help would be appreciated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

Without a satfinder it will be harder especially if you are up and down a ladder. You might still get a satfinder in lidl at the moment for 12 euro. It would be handy.

There is a lot of info on how to align your dish over on the the satellite forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Make sure you have someone else there to tell you if you have a tv picture while you're moving it about.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You need to be able to see the quality & signal bar on your sat receiver and have a signal meter.

If you leave the elevation untouched (up/down) and only adjust east/west, it easier.

If it is the same wall, or a wall running EXACTLY the same direction, and you mount the bracket exactly the same it will work without adjustment.

Advertisement