Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A skirt with jeans?

• 20-09-2006 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

I recently bought a black skirt on sale.. When I tried it on in the shop it seemed ok.. But know I think its too short.. I was thinking of wearing it over jeans.

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

depends on the fit of the skirt, and how short it is. its not a look i particularly like... tbh, i think it would actually look a lot better over similar coloured trousers rather than jeans, as it will provide a better cut, rather than breaking the flow of material that you will get if you were it with jeans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

No no no NO! Sorry but skirts over jeans doesn't do it for me. In my opinion, almost all of the time it looks horrible. Try wearing them over nice leggings (white ones look nice I think). But it does depend...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I fcuking hate girls wearing skirts and those leggings! they look rank!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Marts wrote:
    I fcuking hate girls wearing skirts and those leggings! they look rank!

why? if worn right it can look grand

I fcuking hate girls wearing abercrombie+fitch hoodies and dubes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

ugh, skirt over jeans = puke tbh. looks ****e imo. wear one or the other :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Aye,comin from a lads perspective here, cant stand to see chicks with skirts and jeans, defeats the whole purpose of a skirt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

If you can pull it off and it looks good, then why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Aye,comin from a lads perspective here, cant stand to see chicks with skirts and jeans, defeats the whole purpose of a skirt
    and the purpose of jeans aswell!

If you can pull it off...

yes, pull it off and leave it at home.wear one or the other. it looks totally crap. trust me here. GUYS LIKE SHORT SKIRTS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

just te skirt would be best, dont like jeans under skirts its a let down

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Dudett

Heyes wrote:
    depends on the fit of the skirt, and how short it is. its not a look i particularly like... tbh, i think it would actually look a lot better over similar coloured trousers rather than jeans, as it will provide a better cut, rather than breaking the flow of material that you will get if you were it with jeans.

Thanx sounds like a good idea. I have a pair of black trousers that I think it will go with. Thanx!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I like the skirt over jeans thing if it looks good to me...
    Probably depends on if I think she is hot or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I can pull off the skirt over trousers look :p I think! Did I look like a fool Tar?

Look, you just have to wear the right kind of trousers so of course it can be done.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nightwish wrote:
    I can pull off the skirt over trousers look :p I think! Did I look like a fool Tar?
    I would have to answer the hot or not part.
    /me creates distraction of immense proportions.
    :p
    Look, you just have to wear the right kind of trousers so of course it can be done.
    Maybe. I don't think it works on some people. I find people with little frames to work it quite well. Possibly due to finding them hot, yep, I only really thin of one thing.

...Clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Well, avoid looking too bulky whatever you do. Have you considered tights or leggings instead, though? Or even adding a hem with a piece of lace or sth if you're into DIY.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

tbh skirts over anything but tights is up there with Ugg Boots, Ponchos and Dungerees as the worst fashion ideas in the history of mankind.

Wear the skirt on its own - short doesn't mean bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

tbh skirts over anything but tights is up there with Ugg Boots, Ponchos and Dungerees as the worst fashion ideas in the history of mankind.

Wear the skirt on its own - short doesn't mean bad.

Ah yes but too short can also mean slut, so you have to be careful there. Plus it's bloody freezing, why would anyone wear a skirt? Unless of course they don't feel the cold, or if they're going to be inside.
    Skirt over jeans/leggins-if you do it right it's ok but I'm not mad about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

No...just no.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Doomspell wrote:
    too short can also mean slut

Not so sure - A classy lady can look classy no matter what length the skirt. I think the overall appearance has to be slutty to look slutty. Normally the girl makes the clothes - so if she is a slut she'll look slutty but if she is classy she will look classy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Larry David

No no no NO! Sorry but skirts over jeans doesn't do it for me. In my opinion, almost all of the time it looks horrible. Try wearing them over nice leggings (white ones look nice I think). But it does depend...
    Agreed! You have jeans on - so why wear a skirt too? That's like wearing 2 pairs of socks! And it looks daft.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭pheby

I think that a skirt with jeans or trousers can look good if its done right.

The skirt has to be the right lenght.. so a shortish skirt would work and it cant be too bulky.

I work it well sometimes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

GUYS LIKE SHORT SKIRTS!
    My thoughts exactly.

I don't.

but tar you're a girl :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

You, young lady are not a guy.

OP, dont mind what some people say, wear your skirt with jeans. I'm sure you'l look great.

I'll admit Nightwish and I can pull off the look when we go out on the tear but for most people, lets call them fashion amatuers, it's just not feasible.

If somebody wants to order a day of shopping with me(a personal stylist), give me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭stipey

to be honest its too difficult to tell from the description....

I'd really need to see a pic of the skirt and jeans together, and one of the OP wearing the potentially scandalously short skirt without the jeans before i could offer any advice.

*** whistles quietly and tries to look innocent *** :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

This is the kind of fashion trend that only girls think look good, like ugg boots or those jeans tucked into boots, or fake tan...

'Down with mini-skirts!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

Dudett wrote:
    I was thinking of wearing it over jeans.

I just caught the title of the thread on the home page and I am first time poster to this particular forum.

Why? Why would you or anybody else do this? This is a tried and tested way to look pretty awful. The leggings thing doesn't do it for me either, I'm afraid. I would say bring the garment back and get something else.

j

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

Not so sure - A classy lady can look classy no matter what length the skirt. I think the overall appearance has to be slutty to look slutty. Normally the girl makes the clothes - so if she is a slut she'll look slutty but if she is classy she will look classy.

except with a skirt trouser combo... then everybody loses.

j

Advertisement