Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BT Ireland

• 20-09-2006 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

folks

i am in the process of the €45 package from BT Ireland line rental calls and bband all included

Some one was sayiong that if i dont cancel the phone and voice mail on the eircom land line that they will bill us through BT ireland for this

Can anyone confirm this or advise me, should I ring eircom and let them know and tell them i delighted to gte shot of them

thanks paddy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

paddyc wrote:
    i am in the process of the €45 package from BT Ireland line rental calls and bband all included

Some one was sayiong that if i dont cancel the phone and voice mail on the eircom land line that they will bill us through BT ireland for this
    When you sign up for linerental and calls from BT, they notify eircom of the changeover. I wouldn't recommend calling eircom to cancel your phone, or you'll find out that you don't have a line to get the BT service on!

Don't know about the voicemail (though I've been wondering about that).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Is there any loss of service in moving from Eircom to BT? Friend of mine is thinking of singing up for the same €45 package but was concerned he might be without the use of a phone line while the move is made.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

dont know what the story is with voicemail so do tell us what happens paddy please.

your line rental and calls and BB will transfer and will be covered by the €45

there is no loss of phoneline during the transfer , its not LLU which involved a physical disconnect but a product called WLR which software transfers you to BT in an instant .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm with UTV for the data/calls but eircom for the line will this complicate a transfer? Also how long are these prices fixed for?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Fitzee

Line rental should transfer to BT - included in the 45 euro - if you have call answering from eircom you're currently paying for that if your calls are with UTV, it will just transfer to BT, but it can be a few days and you need to set it up again from scratch probably.... Let us know how it all goes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

mike65 wrote:
    I'm with UTV for the data/calls but eircom for the line will this complicate a transfer?
    If you already have BB with UTV, then there is a transfer procedure that will (or so we're told) allow you to transfer the Broadband from one bitstream reseller to another with little or no disruption of service, but you need to apply for that service transfer, rather than just order new Broadband. Transfering calls between providers is no problem.
    Also how long are these prices fixed for?
    We're expecting a drop in the DSL prices any day now, because eircom announced a drop in the wholesale prices recently. But on the other hand, we're also expecting eircom to get a line rental increase soon that will take it back. Depending on how generous ComReg are feeling towards eircom, the two changes might cancel one another out.

Unlike UTV, when BT change the price of their packages, the changes apply to all their customers - you don't have some customers on the old tarriff, and others on a new one. So if there's a price drop, you'll get it automatically. (And obviously, the same goes for a price increase. I'm sure even UTV pass on price increases!)

you need to TRANSFER the BB to BT before you do anything else , ask UTV for a Bitstream Port Transfer form.

Foxwood wrote:
    We're expecting a drop in the DSL prices any day now...
    Do you work for BT Foxwood? Or are you using the royal 'we'?

Tis a tad regal indeed irlrobins but he could not possibly work for BT because surveys told us long ago that BT are AFRAID of having an identifiable rep on boards.ie ....they should cop themselves is my opinion.

therefore he must mean regulars in this forum we as in we.

Coola. Just wondering. Carry on..... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

irlrobins wrote:
    Do you work for BT Foxwood? Or are you using the royal 'we'?
    Come on give the lad a break. He's already been accused of working for NTL this week.:D
    The transfer procedure is thus.
    1. Transfer the broadband first.
    2. Do not cancel UTV until you are live with BT.
    3. Call BT and tell them you want to transfer.They will send you a DTAF (DSL Transfer Authorisation Form.
    4. Make sure you get your username/password.
    5. Fill it out and send it back.
    6. Call them after to follow it up.
    7. Around 12 working days you should receive your BT modem.
    8. If you can get online with BT, email admin@u.tv to cancel.
    There is no downtime.

Now ring BT and upgrade to the all-in-one bundle. This will transfer calls and line rental to BT.
    In answer to the OP, when line rental is transferred from Eircom all Eircom services on the line (incl voicemail) is automatically cancelled and will need to be set up again with BT.

kaizersoze wrote:
    Come on give the lad a break. He's already been accused of working for NTL this week.:D
    I bet he works for perlico but is too ashamed to admit it. :p
    Cheers for reply re downtime.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I dont know how he manages to work for anybody with all the generally good advice and help he gives to people here:) (And I dont know him/her, work with him/her etc :) )

No one has mentioned so far the need to give UTV a month's notice in relation to the transfer - how does that fit in? - and people should not forget that for newish customers UTV have that dreaded cancellation fee as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

dub45 wrote:
    I dont know how he manages to work for anybody with all the generally good advice and help he gives to people here:) (And I dont know him/her, work with him/her etc :) )

No one has mentioned so far the need to give UTV a month's notice in relation to the transfer - how does that fit in? - and people should not forget that for newish customers UTV have that dreaded cancellation fee as well.
    You don't have to give them 30 days notice of the transfer the DTAF form covers that. The 30 days notice applies to the monthly subscription. If you don't email them to cancel after the transfer they will continue to charge, even though your BB is with BT. Depending how far into the month you are, you may get caught for extra month fee.
    And yes the cancellation fee. €59.99 if you cancel inside your 6 month contract and €29.99 after that. Anyone that signed up with UTV after June 2005 will get caught.

Advertisement