Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uninstalling crap software from 6680

• 20-09-2006 2:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭

Yeah, guess who got a new phone and is suddenly spamming the forum with crap :)

Anyhow, decided to check out a piece of software called MobiLuck. Decided I didn't like it after installing it, went to the Applications Manager to remove it.. but it's not listed. I checked the install log in the applications manager and it lists MobiLuck version 4.0 being installed yesterday alright, but it's not listed in the list of applications so that I can uninstall it.

It's mucking up my bluetooth settings while it's installed, so I really want to get it properly removed. Any ideas, anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Is it in under the file manager?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Nope, can't find it listed anywhere in file manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The 6680 is a Series 60 phone I think, so get something like FExplorer and you could try removing it manually, the programs should be store in system->apps folder or similar.

Will manually removing the app delete all references to it, or will the likes of the bluetooth manager still fart with MobiLuck settings?

Better yet, does anyone know if I can bring my phone into an O2 shop and get them to reformat the entire thing back to the default factory state?

• Advertisement

*#7370# will format the phone and remove all apps etc, beware.

Will *#7370# remove every app on it, or just the non-nokia-default ones? ie, would it restore it to how it came out of the box, or would it be a blank phone with a phonebook and a calandar and not much else? Would I lose O2 settings which im sure are on it?

It will only remove third party apps, effectively returning the phone to how it was when you bought it.

If *#7370# doesn't work, try powering off the phone, then hold the green call button, * and 3 while turning it back on. Keep them held until the Nokia logo disappears.

Here's full reformat/deep resetting/resetting information for you.

It may happens that a program corrupts the C: drive of your phone. In such case, some data can be lost of course but, more annoying, some applications may not work or work only partially,...

On a Series 60 based phone, two key sequences will allow to restore your phone to a cleaner state:
    1. Normal Reset (*#7780#) : Restores ini files from ROM but preserves user data (photos, 3rd party apps etc)
    2. Deep Reset (*#7370#) : This reformats completely the C: drive. All applications and files stored on this drive will be lost and clean default files will be rewritten.
    In both case, the phone will ask you a confirmation and you will have to enter a security code (12345 by default).

Files and applications stored on E: drive are not be affected by these sequences.

*#7370# worked perfectly. Kept the O2 settings, returned it to exactly like it was when I first recieved it.

Thanks muchly for the help :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement