Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi Ignition Sense

Options
  • 20-09-2006 3:03pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sticking my car kit in to my A3 and there dosnt seem to be an ignition sense. The radio works of the CAN Bus, anyone any idea where to get an ignition sense/switched 12v? Dont really want to go digging at the console to get to the cig lighter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Get yourself a mute kit. This will do the whole lot for you. no need for wiring etc. It just daisy chain's off radio' power and spearker can lead. I'm trying to remember where I bought mine (it was somewhere in North Strand) but check this webiste out.http://www.justcarkits.co.uk

they should have the lead you require. Does the whole job.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I have a mute lead but that has nothing to do with the ignition sense. Ignition sense tells the kit the the ignition is on or off. Norammly you wiuld have it coing in to the ISO block but not in my car as the lights and ignition signaling is done over the CAN bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Remove the panel below the steering wheel. There should be a relay plate behind it. Below this relay plate there are some connection posts. Any connection labeled '15' is ignition +12VDC.

Also, AFAIK, the cig lighter is constantly live irrespective of ignition.

crosstownk wrote:
    Remove the panel below the steering wheel. There should be a relay plate behind it. Below this relay plate there are some connection posts. Any connection labeled '15' is ignition +12VDC.

Also, AFAIK, the cig lighter is constantly live irrespective of ignition.

Fair play ill mgive that a look. I feel sorry for anyone installing these kits in modern cars, everyone is differant.

Took off the plastic under the steering wheerl. Found the relay plate but no connection posts or connection labled 15 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Rew wrote:
    Took off the plastic under the steering wheerl. Found the relay plate but no connection posts or connection labled 15 :(
    Are there any labelled 'X'? They should do they trick.

Advertisement