Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizons Question?

Options
  • 20-09-2006 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

I am just sitting in my English elective and have realised that all the people around me are 1st Years. How does having a first year course as part of my 2nd year help my degree? Does this not disadvantage the degree by adding junior crap instead of 2nd year material?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Im in second year and sitting in on a third year course. Dont know why its just one of my optional modules

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

No. The degree is measured in credits, so if the course is worth the same number of credits, then it's of the same value to you. The fact that you're doing a first year module is because it's introductory, which is all you need if you're not majoring in that course.

Put simply, you'll have an easy life for one of your courses, and it doesn't effect the calibre of your degree!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

I think you're required to have 50 credits at each level, and you can make up the rest pretty much however you like.

Generally each module is worth 5 credits at its level, in the case of your elective, level 1.

Advertisement