Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medtronic interview tomorrow

Options
  • 20-09-2006 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what to expect in terms of what questions they ask?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭marcphisto

what position are you going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Temporary Manufacturing Process Operator according to the last letter they sent me. I just had general operator down on the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

In that case they'll be very informal and mainly ask you to outline in more detail your previous employment and of course the dreaded "what benefits would you bring to our company". Nothing to be worried about at all

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭dannyd20

if you can convince them that you'll be a committed team player showing good concentration and attention to detail you'll be sorted. as hamsterboy said, it will be quite informal - just a chat really.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

what does someone on evening shift come out with a week after tax?

have interview tomorrow...

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

kraggy wrote:
    what does someone on evening shift come out with a week after tax?

have interview tomorrow...

thanks

Around 450 after tax for evening shift which is piss easy money but mind numbing work.Still though when i worked there i spent most of the time in stitches laughing with the lads i worked with, which made things a bit more entertaining.Good luck in your interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Around 450 after tax for evening shift
    And what about the day shift? 300/350?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

thanks padi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

DS wrote:
    And what about the day shift? 300/350?

I think they earn about 80 euro less so around the 370 mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 debly

Hey i think medtronic use psychometric tests as a part of the interview. i presume its like in a hotel or something. they usually are. tests are real easy like common sense stuff. the trick is to not come across too intelligent and fly through it all as they reckon the smarter you are the more likely you'll find the work boring and quit, not show up etc!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭elpresdentde

i think they had 20 new hires last week so maybe you have a good chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭cp251

debly wrote:
    Hey i think medtronic use psychometric tests as a part of the interview. i presume its like in a hotel or something. they usually are. tests are real easy like common sense stuff. the trick is to not come across too intelligent and fly through it all as they reckon the smarter you are the more likely you'll find the work boring and quit, not show up etc!!!!!!!

Aha, I wondered why I was turned down. Too intelligent! I thought they were more like psychology tests. I concluded they found out I was mad and turned me down. It was in the Corrib Great Southern. When I saw the tests I thought there was a mistake and I had accidentally applies to be an Aer Lingus pilot or something that paid well.

In all seriousness I was amazed when I was turned down after the tests. I couldn't understand why I wasn't even called for an interview despite years of experience in similar jobs. Boston Scientific were far less fussy. They just checked you could read and write and add sums. Then made sure you could put staples in blocks of wood and washers on nails. That seemed funny until I started there and found myself puting tiny wires into tiny holes in tiny tubes 450 times a day. All the while being watched by the SS guards disguised as 'Quality Techs' waiting for you to make a mistake.

Hours of fun for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Aha, I wondered why I was turned down. Too intelligent! I thought they were more like psychology tests. I concluded they found out I was mad and turned me down. It was in the Corrib Great Southern. When I saw the tests I thought there was a mistake and I had accidentally applies to be an Aer Lingus pilot or something that paid well.

In all seriousness I was amazed when I was turned down after the tests. I couldn't understand why I wasn't even called for an interview despite years of experience in similar jobs. Boston Scientific were far less fussy. They just checked you could read and write and add sums. Then made sure you could put staples in blocks of wood and washers on nails. That seemed funny until I started there and found myself puting tiny wires into tiny holes in tiny tubes 450 times a day. All the while being watched by the SS guards disguised as 'Quality Techs' waiting for you to make a mistake.

Hours of fun for everyone.

Dont knock it.
    With Galways limited amount of jobs available-most in the hospitality sector and the remaining seemingly in manufacturing medical devices, there are oppurtunities for many. Without companies such as Boston and Medtronic, the city would be in a mess.
    Its a pit the IDA dont more to expand on the other type of jobs and quality of jobs available in and around the city.
    Getting 450 per week doing "mundane,boring work" is a fantastic wage.

OP good luck with the interview, shouldnt be too much hassle.
    Let us know how you get on.
    Kippy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

450 a week? I turned them down twice. -_-

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Wow. Hard to believe it's over ten years since I worked there. C R Bard, 'twere called in them days.

Of course, back then, I had to walk to work. In the snow. Uphill both ways. Sod o' turf under me oxter, etc. etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭fireblade1

oscarBravo wrote:
    Wow. Hard to believe it's over ten years since I worked there. C R Bard, 'twere called in them days.

Of course, back then, I had to walk to work. In the snow. Uphill both ways. Sod o' turf under me oxter, etc. etc.

i cant believe you used that line! and you forgot barefoot!

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I did, didn't I! Dammit, it lost all its meaning and poignancy without the barefootedness... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭juanveron45

the evening shift is 12.84 per hour and it goes up 1 euro every 3 months its caps after 12 months so after a year you will be on 16.84 an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭CliffHuxtabel

the evening shift is 12.84 per hour and it goes up 1 euro every 3 months its caps after 12 months so after a year you will be on 16.84 an hour

For Medtronic evening shift? Is this a new wage scheme? I worked there until last year and they got paid a maximum of 12-something an hour after they signed a permanent contract after 6 months. I never saw anything close to €17 an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

A friend of mine works there. He says the pay is good, the work is boring but the craic you have with some of the other workers is unlike any other job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 macawalla

i have a interview there in a few days and was just wondering if any of ya could tell me what hours and days are the shift work for day shift

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement