Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bum

Options
  • 20-09-2006 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭

So, anyone know his story? Was told last night he "lived" somewhere in the region of Newman, but he's been lounging on the stairs on the ground floor of the Sci Hub right opposite the new canteen for the past week or so, well between eight and nine anyway!

Anyone know anything about him?

Should this thread be locked? 3 votes

Yes
    0%
    No.
    100%
    WaltonsMr.Nice Guyhullaballoo 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Doesn't 'live' on campus but somewhere down towards Vincents/Syndey Parda DART station. Used to see him walking up Nutley Ave. every day at about 7.30/8 for as long as I can remember, probably last 10 years at least.

Its why you might hear him called 'Nutley Bum'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

i heard he saved some girl from being sexually assaulted a few years back and as a result ucd give him free food etc. but i cud be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Font22 wrote:
    i heard he saved some girl from being sexually assaulted a few years back and as a result ucd give him free food etc. but i cud be wrong

yeah that one's a popular tale alright, I've heard it spoken almost as Gospel by loads of people. Again though, i have no real idea if it's true or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I started a thread on this last year, that had a load of replies....... some quite helpful.

Maybe someone could find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Well he definitely gets free food, dunno if the story as to why he does is true though, everyone's heard that story so you never know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Dave I remember the tread got locked because didnt some crazy people want to patronise him or something?

anyway yeah. Few hobos on campus c/w lots of rumors. The reason he stays is more likely because service cant remove him phsically and the gards arnt bothered not that hes some Arnold Schwarznegger woman saver

oh yeah I remember that, lol

Still worth a look, though, if someone can find it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

apparently if he does actually talk to you he's a sound enough bloke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Sangre wrote:
    Its why you might hear him called 'Nutley Bum'

Nutley man too, eh?

I prefer Johnny Twocoats.

I know what we could call him....

Seb ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Grimes wrote:
    Dave I remember the tread got locked because didnt some crazy people want to patronise him or something?
    We werent trying to patronise honest!Just wanted to give him a xmas gift.
    Anyway I know countless people who have tried to start up conversations with him but he's just not intrested and I brought him dinner once and he looked slightly pissed of that I did so maybe its a good idea we didnt get that scarf

I was only joking with you Panda dear . I know your intentions were good.

KABLAMO!

ps. please nobody offer to buy him anything this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Grimes wrote:
    ...not that hes some Arnold Schwarznegger woman saver
    Pffft, I think we all know what Arnie would really have done in that situation ;)

I haven't seen the bum in a while 'cause I haven't bothered coming in much in a long time...too long.
    Lol, I do love a good "KABLAMO", Dave.

Dave you have way too much time on your hands. You should sort that out and come to my beers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

there was a LONG thread about this last year do a search and your questions shall be answered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

As far as I know the Little Sisters of The Poor in Roebuck offer him shelter on occasion, he's a quiet man who likes to keep to himself, although probably likes the hustle and bustle of college as security now and then.

He's been around this area (I live beside UCD) for a good 15 years, anyway. Never caused any trouble in that period to the best of my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

panda100 wrote:
    We werent trying to patronise honest!Just wanted to give him a xmas gift.
    Anyway I know countless people who have tried to start up conversations with him but he's just not intrested and I brought him dinner once and he looked slightly pissed of that I did so maybe its a good idea we didnt get that scarf

What did you bring to him? He only likes Beluga caviar,
    none of your cheap sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

wyndham wrote:
    What did you bring to him? He only likes Beluga caviar,
    none of your cheap sh1te.

A jacket potato, beans and some milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Id turn my nose up at that too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I really, genuinely thought this thread was going to be about Seb when I saw the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Sarchasm

Font22 wrote:

yeah thats what I heard

Sarchasm wrote:
    yeah thats what I heard

me too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

and me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

worst thread ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

worst thread ever.
    you're not too new to be called a n00b ye know.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

No.
    worst thread ever.
    I warned you in another thread, but I'm going to warn you again here, and probably PM you as well.

Cop on to yourself. Other people have no problem using this forum without acting like 13 year olds. Why can't you? If you don't drop the emo attitude I'll ban you. I hate emos.

If you don't drop the emo attitude I'll ban you. I hate emos.

Roffles

Okay kids. Here is the situtation. There is a homeless lad that hangs around campus. Probably simply because there are plenty of indoor places ect. It was rumored that he saved a girl from being raped along nutley lane a few years ago . Thats about it. Its really not that exciting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

People have seen him piss himself in broad daylight. So I doubt that the rumour that he has two phd's is true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Píssed His Drawers?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement