Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bum

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Sangre wrote:
    Píssed His Drawers?

Heh..

I'll say its that version. Roffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Het-Field wrote:
    People have seen him piss himself in broad daylight. So I doubt that the rumour that he has two phd's is true
    Ah come on now, I doubt very much theres a link between higher education and incontinence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Scraggs wrote:
    Ah come on now, I doubt very much theres a link between higher education and incontinence.

Maybe with being a bum..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Conor, do you ever actually have a point?

Maybe with being a bum... he earned two PhDs, fell on hard luck and became incontinent? Maybe with being a bum... he's happy enough with how he lives and doesn't need us analysing his every move, or making derogatory comments about him because we have no idea who he is, and even if we did it'd be none of our business? Maybe with being a bum... it still makes him a human being entitled to living his own life, thank you very much.

God, I really need to be less grumpy. Sleep. It's all about the sleep. Urgh.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

No.
    Chakar, please show some sort of rational thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Blush_01 wrote:
    Maybe with being a bum... he earned two PhDs, fell on hard luck and became incontinent? Maybe with being a bum... he's happy enough with how he lives and doesn't need us analysing his every move, or making derogatory comments about him because we have no idea who he is, and even if we did it'd be none of our business? Maybe with being a bum... it still makes him a human being entitled to living his own life, thank you very much.

I doubt that he is happy at all to be honest. Its more than likely that rather than falling on hard times and not being able to get a job with his Arts degree or PHD or whatever he has he is some guy who turned to booze. The drink ate away at his brain over time to the point where he is borderline psychotic (ever seen a homeless alcohlic sober? I have , its worse) . Not the kinda life i think anyone would be happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Nutley bum is the ultimate Arts student.

welcome to your future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Weathr you like it or not. PHD or no PHD. Hard Times or no Hard Times. The man pisses himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I think the three of you missed the point of what I was saying. I'll give you a hint, it's in the second last sentence of my last post in this thread.

Get over judging him and leave him alone. That simple. I'd be surprised if you still didn't get it.

Paddy, is compassion so completely lacking amongst members of the USI that you can't let the guy live in peace?

• Advertisement

Blush_01 wrote:
    IPaddy, is compassion so completely lacking amongst members of the USI that you can't let the guy live in peace?

Its not just Paddy (Het_Field) taking the piss out of The Bum . But I do see why the last hobo related thread was locked and I think this should go the same way. We all know hes a human being able to live his own life but you cant stop a bit of dark humor and specualtion. I doubt he reads this thread anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Im not taking the piss. Excuse the pun. Im just stating fact. But he clearly has some reason to be around the college, otherwisw he wouldnt be there ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Het, not to sound like a right cow, but what is your problem? Anyone could piss themselves for any number of reason's. And if you end up incontinent in your old age you can see how much you enjoy it, and you'll know full well people are talking about you, making fun etc, because you used to do it about him.

I didn't start this thread to abuse the man just to find out if anyone knew his story.

Le Rack wrote:
    Het, not to sound like a right cow, but what is your problem? Anyone could piss themselves for any number of reason's..

Roffles . Le Rack you crack me up however this thread hoblows.....get it?

I pissed myself once, i was in a car when i was younger, much younger and left there for an hour. Holding it in for as long as I could i just ended up pissing myself . It was quite the embarresment, I also shat myself in Junior Infants becuase i was too shy to ask could I go to the toilet. So If anyone knows about incontinence its me ! which makes it perfectly ok for me to slag others . (for the record my logic means i can also make fun of impotence) .

Anyone else ever pissed/shat themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

Grimes wrote:

Well this thread has gone downhill.

Not that I object, just remarking...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Grimes wrote:

So tempted to out someone on this....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Grimes wrote:

I had just joined the cub scouts... First day, we had all assembled and were waiting to pay our dues and show our good deed for the day. I needed to pee. The assembly was taking longer than I had anticipated. I tried to fight it, but the urge was too great. My shorts grew damp, and my tighty-whiteys were soaked. But I soldiered on and ended up spending the hour or so playing games despite my stinky pants :)

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

Right. Before this thread collapses I may have I know have something to add to the mystery of the bum (I used to always know him as the Science Bum because he sat in the science building opposite the canteen smoking - pre ban of course).
    Anyway, I also believe that he doesn't live on campus. But there is definitely somebody who does or did. I went wandering around the campus in second year and discovered a pair of largish (3-man or so) tents (I won't say where they were in case they're still there and someone from services reads this and decides to tear them down, but I have photos of these which I can upload, though they don't really prove where it is), which are clearly lived in. They seemed unoccupied, so I looked inside them, and they were full of used coke bottles, torches (but no evidence of food or alcohol). I know sometimes homeless people do camp, and that's not strange, but what was strange was these tents had newspapers in them for months. I went back a few weeks later and they had books in them which were clearly from the library. Weird.

Then there's the shack of course, if anyone can remember that. It was in the woods between the race track and the nova centre, right by the N11. It was a bunch of planks put together with a big heavy green on the top. Myself and a few friends after finding it even made a few improvements to stop it collapsing, but it eventually did. I'm pretty sure that was students though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Grimes wrote:
    Roffles . Le Rack you crack me up however this thread hoblows.....get it?

I pissed myself once, i was in a car when i was younger, much younger and left there for an hour. Holding it in for as long as I could i just ended up pissing myself . It was quite the embarresment, I also shat myself in Junior Infants becuase i was too shy to ask could I go to the toilet. So If anyone knows about incontinence its me ! which makes it perfectly ok for me to slag others . (for the record my logic means i can also make fun of impotence) .

Well... when you get to my age...

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

No.
    Where the fook is my thread-locking key gone?

I'm adding a poll to see who thinks this thread should be locked, partially out of interest, and partially to be democratic.

• Advertisement

Jayzus, THIS thread you need to take a vote on (a thread where people have described incidents where they've p*ssed their pants -- and it's not even on topic!!!), but the Rant/B*tch/Moan thread gets closed.

I vote with Grimes. It's just the way it goes.

No.
    Dave, I'm really getting sick of you commenting on the moderation of this forum in-forum. Seriously, if you have a gripe about the job we're doing, post it in the appropriate place, or else PM me or Truckle.

I'm not going to warn you again about this, Dave. You've just seriously bugged me, and I don't appreciate that. I mean, I don't even understand why this is an issue for you?

Alrightyroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Well i'm with goodluck2me (who is warned for objecting to this drivel) and Dave on this one.

In fairness, this has to be one of the poorest threads in a while. At least the thread last year gave some reasonable information on the subject.

Let us not forget this is the forum in which 20 people were banned over the summer for posting off topic rubbish (moderators included).

I mean, come on...we have a mod asking "Anyone else ever pissed/shat themselves?" in the middle of a thread about a homeless person!

And Hetfield claims what he "heard" as fact and a skit is made of it by all.

Then Grimes (a mod, lest we forget) making in-jokes which no one will get unless you know those involved!
    That's after claiming the bum is Seb - whoever the hell he is (and whoever cares?), and where the relevance that is to this thread is, i'm still not sure.

Send me a PM if you like. But I'd rather people get a bit of perspective on the matter, rather than confining this level of moderating to PMs.

No.
    Yeah, fair enough, but it's not going to be discussed here, and that's final.

If you want it displayed publically, where everyone can see it, start a thread in the Feedback forum. You can link this thread and whatever other threads/posts/decisions you have a problem with.

I'm perfectly amenable to criticism and if needs be, whatever rectifications the admins feel are necessary will be made. I'm holding my tongue on some of the issues you raised, cast_iron, because I don't believe this is the correct place to talk about moderation. Also, it would be unfair to deny you the opportunity to respond in light of what I'm saying next:

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement