Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the?

Options
  • 20-09-2006 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

I have the Digiweb 10gb dsl package. I went over the limit last month and the speed got cut back to 128k. Yesterday the speed came back to normal. Anyway I just rang Digiweb to see how much bandwidth I have used so far this month. The guy told me that I have used just over 10gb and a few gigabytes will drop off in few days. How exactly does this Digiweb system work?
    Oh yeah and he told me that they should have a thing up by next week to check your traffic without having to ring them up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

From what I understand, it's a 30 day rolling cap. When you hit 10G in the past 30 days your speed dropped. A day or two later you'll have two fresh days in that 30 day window so you're below the cap again, but you downloaded more so went over again. With Metro, you really need to limit yourself to a few hundred kBs a day or you'll keep going over. It will never be down to zero again unless you stop using the service for a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

I don't have metro. I just have the ordinary dsl with modem job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

OK, I'm not completely sure but I think they operate the same cap system with DSL too.

Advertisement