Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero will be multi-platform

Options
  • 20-09-2006 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=67768

Looking forward to Guitar Hero II. 360 could have a nice wireless guitar (would stop people yanking the PS2 out accidentally, like I've nearly done). Who knows what they could do with the Wii version.

Hurrah.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

koneko wrote:
    Who knows what they could do with the Wii version.

probably absolutely nothing different tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Saying tbh doesn't automatically make you right. These are the guys who made a guitar out of a PS2 controller and turned it into one of its best multi player games, chances are they will do something really good with the motion sensing shenanigans of the wii.

Regardless of what they do or don't do, I'm looking forward to making a fool out of myself next gen style without having to break the bank on a PS3, which I will probably do eventually...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Do you know? I don't, hence "who knows". There is opportunity there to do interesting things. Whether they'll take advantage of that (and spend more development time doing it), no idea. Maybe they won't, but maybe they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Saying tbh doesn't automatically make you right. These are the guys who made a guitar out of a PS2 controller and turned it into one of its best multi player games, chances are they will do something really good with the motion sensing shenanigans of the wii.

when did i ever claim "tbh" makes me right?

the point being on the Wii it'll probably just be another guitar packaged in to play with. it might have motion sensing but i don't see how that helps a guitar game.
    koneko wrote:
    Do you know? I don't, hence "who knows".

i did preface my comment with "probably"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

guitar hero with a wireless guitar would be great!!

Or make it LIVE enabled and using the vision cam.

Don't know what they could come up to make the wii version different with the motion sensor though. Hopefully not something tacked on for the sake of using the motion sensor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

I guess they could configure it to let you virtually wreck the stage after a song by flailing your guitar around...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

These are the guys who made a guitar out of a PS2 controller and turned it into one of its best multi player games, chances are they will do something really good with the motion sensing shenanigans of the wii.

Well technically these are the guys who ripped off Guitar Freaks' controller and messed around with it a bit. Guitar Hero is great fun and all, but credit due.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Well technically these are the guys who ripped off Guitar Freaks' controller and messed around with it a bit. Guitar Hero is great fun and all, but credit due.
    I wasn't saying they were the first to do it, just that they did it, but you have a point nonetheless...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well the game is far better than Guitar Freak and the controller a lot cooler so I'm not complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Guitar Freaks is better, in my mind. Much neater interface, and some damn catchy songs!

• Advertisement

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=68140

For 360: New controller, and mention of micro-transactions (ie download more songs later on)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

New gameplay movies on Gamespot. Check out Gameplay Movie 10 (Misirlou) and Gameplay Movie 11 (Sweet Child O' Mine). Both are on hard or expert (all 5 buttons used). These movies are of the full songs....

Misirlou looks completely f**king insane!!

Miserlou looks completely mental, I'd like to see someone play that :)

Surprisingly Sweet Child O' Mine looks do-able (and rewarding mmm).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

you should see Burning Eclipse playing Guitar hero on expert it is mental.

Cowboys from hell on expert is just painful.

Advertisement