Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Webdesign Query

Options
  • 20-09-2006 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

I'm designing a website for an artist friend of mine on Dreamweaver. I want to be able to insert a red dot (about the size of the sad face icon above) under paintings that are sold. I've tried doing it in photoshop but when I transfer it over a jagged white line appears around the circle and the background colour is slightly different even though I've used the same code. It seems like it should be such a simple thing to do but I've wasted hours trying to figure it out to no avail. Any ideas would be most welcome. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Moving to Webmaster/flash forum

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

When you say transfer it over, are you copying and pasting from Photoshop? What you should be doing is exporting the file in Photoshop to your images folder in your website directory. Then in Dreamwaever, click Insert >> Image and find the file.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Make sure the original psd in Photoshop is RGB perhaps? You may be using a .gif at a high compression rate. Try exporting to .jpg and see if that makes a difference. Alternatively, can you link to the image in question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭Lydesia

Can you post the HTML code and images you are using?
    if your making a red dot in Photoshop as an image, when you draw it it makes a vector shape with lines around it. You must right click on the layer and select "Rasterize layer" to make it a standard flat circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

Sounds to me like you dont have the right matte colour selected in your 'save for web' panel. (especially as you mentioned code)

Is this image a transparent gif? If so, set the matte colour to the same background colour, as your webpage. Or you can simply turn it off, but it makes the image appear smoother if left on, with the right colour.

matte.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

You can also do that using the <li>text</li> tag and style it with css (size and color)
    without using an image.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hannahkennan

Hi,

Thanks so much for all the replies. It was my first time posting a question on boards or any forum for that matter and couldn't believe my luck when I saw six replies. I went for the easiest option first from Where's me Jumpa who suggested I export the file rather than copying and pasting from photoshop. It worked a treat so thanks to you and all others who gave suggestions.

Hannah

Advertisement