Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A matter of trust

• 20-09-2006 6:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I've been with my girlfriend nearly 2 years now. But a few months after we got together she went out for the night and kissed a guy. Doesn't sound like much, but where only 16 and it's a big thing for me.

After I found out, I soon forgave her. It was a few months after that, around our 1 year mark that she told me she kissed another guy, but not some random guy on a night out, but a guy in my year at school. I again forgave her for that. And everything has been fine since then.

It's a year later and we've just started college, there's alot of new guys around and I keep thinking, "what if?" Would she do it again, and she's been making alot of new guy friends. I mean I'm not against her having friends that are guys or even spending alot of time with them, it's just, my trust feels shaken and I don't know what to do.

Since it's a year later, I really don't want to talk to her and drag it all up again, or make her feel like I don't trust her.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭cluborange86

I've been with my girlfriend nearly 2 years now. But a few months after we got together she went out for the night and kissed a guy. Doesn't sound like much, but where only 16 and it's a big thing for me.

After I found out, I soon forgave her. It was a few months after that, around our 1 year mark that she told me she kissed another guy, but not some random guy on a night out, but a guy in my year at school. I again forgave her for that. And everything has been fine since then.

It's a year later and we've just started college, there's alot of new guys around and I keep thinking, "what if?" Would she do it again, and she's been making alot of new guy friends. I mean I'm not against her having friends that are guys or even spending alot of time with them, it's just, my trust feels shaken and I don't know what to do.

Since it's a year later, I really don't want to talk to her and drag it all up again, or make her feel like I don't trust her.

I think you may have been too quick to forgive her if you still have trust issues. I think shes quite lucky to have you if im being honest cause i lost my gf over something i did when we were broken up but when we got back i didnt tell her what i did while we were broken up and she cant trusst me anymore.

I know she was young and people change cause i know how much ive changed but has she changed? does she still flirt with other guys while your out? and are you sure she hasnt kissed anyone else recently?

if the problems are still affecting you the you need to bring them up with her cause its not your fault that they're bothering you, its clear that your thoughts aren't going to disappear. if she loves you she will accept what shes done and how its affected you and she'll do anything she can to make everything right cause thats what im doing at the moment with my ex.

maybe try writing everything down to get things clear in your head.

hope this helps you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It is bothering you so regardless on whether or not she might be upset by it, you need to get things straightened out with her. It is only going to wreck your head and won't do you any good.

Advertisement