Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

what gear?

• 20-09-2006 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

hi.

i'm interesting in getting into filming short films and have some cool ideas.

just wondering, what kind of gear do i need to get a decent looking shot?

i'm not filming a blockbuster here, just somthing decent to get me started that wont break the bank.

any help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Perhaps start out with a basic Mini DV camera... should be able to get one for about €500 or so. You can upgrade to a prosumer level of Mini DV later on if really start to get into the whole thing.

Other than that you'd need a tripod and I'd recomend getting an entry level mac with iMovie which is a great editing package to start out with. If you already have a decent enough PC then get a firewire card for it and pick up an editing package like Pinnacle which is easy to use when you're starting out.

Also check out http://www.fastforwardireland.com/ They have regular 24 hour short film festivals that you can take part in that are a lot of fun a good way to let people see your work and meet other film makers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

excellenté

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

any camera is good enough if u know how to use it, my mate bought a camera for 2,000 and its been lyin there for over a year...

get a lend of ur girl friends camera or something, keep ur 500 quid for some clothes, props or make up..

Dont just rush out and blow ur money cause who knows u might hate it.....

Advertisement