Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Airis t920

Options
  • 20-09-2006 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭

Ok i bought 2 sat navs from mysatnav.ie and my dads 1 wont turn on :eek: its only 4weeks old, i bought it from mysatnav.ie lets see if the extra 100 euro i spent buying it there paid off ( I HOPE SO ) ill ring them tomorrow will keep you posted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

pm. wrote:
    Ok i bought 2 sat navs from mysatnav.ie and my dads 1 wont turn on :eek: its only 4weeks old, i bought it from mysatnav.ie lets see if the extra 100 euro i spent buying it there paid off ( I HOPE SO ) ill ring them tomorrow will keep you posted.

just do a "soft" reset first and then a "hard" reset if that fails.your SiRf has locked out the software and is preventing turn on.You can leave the SD in.

Its good practice to soft reset the unit from time to time anyway.This reboots the software and keeps it running smooth.Same as most windows CE handhelds really.

i do this from time to time on all my Satnavs,and all inc Airis are running without any probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

eirlink wrote:
    just do a "soft" reset first and then a "hard" reset if that fails.your SiRf has locked out the software and is preventing turn on.You can leave the SD in.

Its good practice to soft reset the unit from time to time anyway.This reboots the software and keeps it running smooth.Same as most windows CE handhelds really.

i do this from time to time on all my Satnavs,and all inc Airis are running without any probs.

no joy eirlink i tried both methods and it still wont turn on, its fully charged i cant understand why it wont turn on, my 1 is working perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

i rang mysatnav and they told me to post it or drop in with in with it and they will replace it, but before i set off on my journey eirlink sent me a pm and he sorted out the problem :) all i had to do was remove the sd card power off the unit for 2 mins connect it to the mains/car charger turn it back on and it worked. just goes to show even tho i paid 100 euro more it kinda paid off imo to buy irish. thanks again eirlink.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

pm. wrote:
    i rang mysatnav and they told me to post it or drop in with in with it and they will replace it, but before i set off on my journey eirlink sent me a pm and he sorted out the problem :) all i had to do was remove the sd card power off the unit for 2 mins connect it to the mains/car charger turn it back on and it worked. just goes to show even tho i paid 100 euro more it kinda paid off imo to buy irish. thanks again eirlink.

your welcome......

bet your glad you bought local now! seems pixmanias problems are mainly logistical,which i imagine would be very annoying when probs occur and you have to send stuff back.

I am buying an XL2 and pixmania were included on the shortlist,but not any more.the list just got shorter!

anyway,glad your back up and running.No harm to do a soft reset every week and hard reset every month just to keep things running smooth......

Advertisement