Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cheap frames and canvas

• 20-09-2006 6:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭

anyone know where I can get nice ones for relatively cheap, as all the nice ones seem to frightfully expensive!

also is there anywhere were you can purchase canvas wihtout going through the middle man?

also has anyone here ever made there own frames?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Ah crap...thought you were gonna tell me where to get them!

:(

For canvas, cheapest way is making them yourself, or going up to Derry and getting them in bulk. Not sure on the details of the shop up there but I can get them for you if you want!

Not a clue about frames though...they generally are pricy for anything to do with canvas though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

the places i normally get them are roches that shop in stephens green shopping centre (but frames can be dear if there isn't a sale on)...you can get really cheap frames in pound city...trouble is they look really cheap unless you made them over...i also spent nearly three euro on a technical pen in easons which i think is excessive...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭fourmations

hi

you can get canvas in kennedys in harcourt st
    get wood in homebase (or the like) for making stretchers
    http://www.rexart.com/stretching.html

ciao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

No no and no! Best place i found was cork art supplies! I got twelve 24*30 for 36 delivered!! It was amazing,they always run deals and if you'r part of an art group!

Advertisement