Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Newcastle (scores)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

amazing stuff Ja think that would make goal of the season??

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

No.

I agree, his goal in FA cup didnt make it in final cut and this wont and this has nothing to do with Liverpool or the player(who I mite add I was one of the first people on here to say how good he was when so called Liverpool fans where wondering why they spent 10 mil on him) despite what some people have to say!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

theres no way to tell if it will be goal of the season, it has every chance of being. might have some competition from aggers goal a couple of weeks ago :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

el rabitos wrote:
    theres no way to tell if it will be goal of the season, it has every chance of being. might have some competition from aggers goal a couple of weeks ago :p

Was away for the Agger goal so I cant comment on it but seen crappy coverage of it in Thai(glad Im not there now) and it was alot better goal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Big Nelly wrote:
    Was away for the Agger goal so I cant comment on it but seen crappy coverage of it in Thai(glad Im not there now) and it was alot better goal!!

well i reckon u have to take alot more into account when ur picking a goal of the season than just the spectacle of a particular goal. whats admirable about the goal last night was the vision and technique that went into the shot, and i think thats what makes it a great goal.

having said that drogba's header a couple of weeks ago was a gem as far as technique goes. i think agger won goal of the month ahead of that goal though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Of course they are, clubs in Europe get a bye into the next round.

Well thats good. I presume its not written into their fixture list yet until the draw has been made and after its decided which day the match is on.

Overall though, I think the League Cup, to give it its generic name, is a competition that has long lived its usefulness. Maybe they could have a cup for non top-flight teams only, as currently some of them dont seem to mind being knocked out.

Redspider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I don't think the Prem should be allowed in it but as was pointed out the last time I mentioned that thought the Nationwide League sides need the revenue that comes from the games against Prem teams.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

There are plenty of Prem teams that have a big interest in the Carling Cup, not least those who were victims to the recent "shocks". Just because they lost doesn't mean they didn't care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

True and games in the league cup count towards bans served too I believe so can mean a player coming back a game earlier for big games etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Babayaro charged over Kuyt clash
    NEWCASTLE defender Celestine Babayaro has been charged with violent conduct for an incident involving Dirk Kuyt during Liverpool's 2-0 win at Anfield on Wednesday.

The incident, when Babayaro appeared to catch the Dutchman with his arm after a corner, was not seen by the match officials but was caught on video.

A statement from the Football Association confirmed: "According to fast track procedures for such cases, along with the charge Babayaro has been offered the automatic penalty of a three-match suspension. He has until 6pm on Monday 25 September to respond to the charge."

An independent disciplinary commission will hear the charge next Tuesday.

Good, it was clearly common assault.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

mike65 wrote:
    Babayaro charged over Kuyt clash

Good, it was clearly common assault.

Mike.
    Well done to Kuyt for making such a meal of it.

Advertisement