Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who commutes the furthest?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Chakar wrote:
    I think he means that the buses and LUAS go to the city centre pretty regularly till late so its not a problem for people.

Thanks for clarifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Last monday it took me 4 and a half hours to get from Carlow to UCD it was not a good day. On average though it takes about 3 and a half... can't wait to move up permanently I was not made for commuting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Takes me 15 mins to walk from North Strand to O'Conell St. Then 55 mins on the bus to get in for nine (1hour 10 mins in total) Traffic is mad in the mornings. (only have one morning lecture a week. Usuallt make it out in 25 mins from town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

bout 40 mins drive for me to get into ucd from malahide. but my earliest lecture this year is at 11 so v little traffic!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭jumpymunky

I take about 2 1/2 hours.

Im v lucky tho cos my earliest lecture isnt until 10..so i get the 7.58 from drogheda.That said have to leave my house before 7.30 cos the traffic in drogheda can be a bitch..its pot luck really. the train goes to sydney parade then its on to the 2,3 or 18. gettin the bus depends on whether the level crossin stays down tho..so some days i miss the bus by seconds!!

the walk down passed rte and vincents is a pain in the hole.In the evenins i finish at 3..tho usually before it cos ther tutorials and ****..so normally i just miss the 14.52 bus..the 2/3 bus timetable is crap cos its beside the 10 which seems to go every 2 minutes!!

the worst thing tho is the DART..ther supposed to run every 10 minuts r sumtin? well they dont and ther always late..they stop for ages btwn stations for no apparent reason and ther max speed seems to be about 5 miles an hour.

They cud solve all our problems if they put a LUAS at or at least nearer to ucd..i mean wer the f*ck is windy arbour?? not near ucd anyway.

On the campus accom waitin list the guy whos name was above mine had an address in Down..kilkeel r sumwer like that..thats not even near the m1 ..so it must take him abiout 4 hrs if he commutes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

when the level crossing is down just take the bridge over the tracks, its usually faster, unless you can actually see the approaching train

oh and the 8.20 enterprise gets me into college by 10, and thats me walking from sydney parade, thats an extra 22 mins of sleep for ya if you wanna try it out someday

you have to get the DART from Connolly to Sydney Parade

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

jumpymunky wrote:

They cud solve all our problems if they put a LUAS at or at least nearer to ucd..i mean wer the f*ck is windy arbour?? not near ucd anyway.
    !

its not that far . Id say a 20 min walk to the clonskeagh enterance

Advertisement