Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you wash your face with?

• 20-09-2006 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I hope this is the right thread for this, I'm just wondering what you use to wash your face every day?

Do you use soap? Just water? A different product? A face cloth or fingers?

Sorry I know I should know, but I was never actually told. Also if you use soap, how much?

I've looked up online but it talks alot about different skin types and loads of different cleansers masks and stuff but I'de like to know what most people use and how they do it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

It all depends on your skin type really, if you have teenage or sensitive skin, soap can be much too harsh, especially when being scrubbed with a rough facecloth, so I'd recommend a good cleansing facial wash with an exfoliant to clean and renew your skin every day. I use Clean and Clear morning burst exfoliating facial scrub which I find works very well and leaves my face feeling very clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 HowTo2

Thanks for the reply :)

You use the exfoliating scrub every day? I was using a witch hazel foaming soap thing but it seems too harsh for me even without scrubbing hard.

Soap I think is not an option so basically am looking for a substitute, something I would use once maybe twice daily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

I use the clinique 3 step range. They have an anti-bacterial soap which I use to wash my face with twice a day. Its pretty good too. No more spots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Use to use clean and clear but now I use apricot scrub, there are a good few types of it. For sensitive skin, and they do a good mosturiser too. Also it's not that expensive and has good results. Hope that helps,
    Matty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I use Simple exfoliating scrub twice a week and use Simple cleanser every day. I still find its a little harsh on my skin, but I've yet to find anything more suitable for sensitive skin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭cinnamon

hi, I have the worst skin - sensitive, dry but also have breakouts! I use dermalogica ultra-calming cleanser followed by dermalogica daily microfoliant (really gentle exfoliator). It's brilliant - my skin is clear and so smooth. It is the only brand that seems to agree with my skin. Although it's expensive I would highly recommend it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I use Simple Facial Wipes and that is it. They are very mild. When I was younger all that I used was water.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I use water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

^^^ Evian or Ballygowan or what? :-p

Moi, I use Clinique's Foaming cleanser or some such name. It's a bit pricey but you only need to use a tiny bit each time so it lasts for ages.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

simu wrote:
    Riverrock of course. It's water I wear. Do you not remember all the bottles strewn around our bathroom?

I would never use tap water, I don't buy their slogan,

'It's water, I swear'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

simu wrote:

Moi, I use Clinique's Foaming cleanser or some such name. It's a bit pricey but you only need to use a tiny bit each time so it lasts for ages.

Can you use that on sensitive skin? I'd prefer it to the soap if so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Face wash

I know, crazy

or if im lazy, a face wipe, or just water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

I cannot use simple or nivea it makes my skin so sore. A beautician I was at said its because there are lots of chemicals and lanolin and alchohol in them.
    I used the clinique 3 step which is excellent for sensitive skin. I also use Evian alcohol free wipes, olay regenerist facial scrub, olay night moisturoiser, and evian day cream.

Dying to try eve lom but crazy prices so I will be looking on ebay!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

i dont wash my face??

i just cleanse it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

soap and water
    hardly ground breaking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 JuiceC

Wash your face with a face wash every day and use a face scrub weekly and if you really want to go the whole hog try a face mask every 1-2 months.
    I use zirh clean face wash which you can get in HOF dundrum or on 4men.ie. It's got mint and lemon in it and you only need a tiny amount for your face and neck so the bottle will last you 6 months.
    Never use soap as it will strip the natural oil from your skin and leave it feeling very dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭theTinker

I can advise on one or two that were not the best in my opinion.

Dove bar soap blocked my skin worst of all, itched my skin, dried it too much, tightened it....i was 14 though...hehe

I used the Clearasil brand before for a while. The gel and the cream kind.
    The cream kind i found useless, it tingled a little but thats all...I found my skin (large nose pores) got blocked like i wasnt washing at all. It just didnt feel clean...
    The Gel kind was much better but i found it dried my skin out too harshly(and i have oily skin) after a week or so. It would leave the skin on my cheeks so dry they itched, and my nose dry also. This was very aggro on it.

I use Clean and Clear exfoliating daily wash atm. Blueish bottle.about 7€
    Its ok, cleans well but I think i shall change soon as im finding i still have problems with spots, not many but still some. As i said i find it cleans well so my few spots could be just my skin or my diets etc. I dont exactly drink water often.

Anyone else have similar experiences with these? I wouldnt wanna give the OP false info but its my experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I used to use Garnier Pure and then I got older *sigh* so now I use Clarins.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Soap dries out your skin, leading to tightness and dry patches.

I use St. Ives Apricot Scrub every day, I find it to be quite good. It's consistantly coming out on top in surveys.

Clinique also do an excellent skin care range that is available for 4 different skin types. The person at the Clinique counter can help you determine what type of skin you have, and what cleansing products would be best. It's pricy, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Dove soap and water, simple. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Water and a facecloth!

Use babywipes for taking of my make-up or cleansing lotion.

Soaps I found too harsh and they dry out my skin

Advertisement