Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb advice

• 20-09-2006 8:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭

Our house needs dsl broadband asap and the digiweb metro package seems by far the cheapest deal (smart don't service our area). However when I rang up yesterday their "salesperson" was pretty clueless, so i am a little fearful.

Can people please let me know their experiences with the company?
    We have our own modem and router already and will be switching to them for phone services as well (not having to pay eircom line rental anymore really makes digiweb by far the cheapest option).

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

damomeasa wrote:
    Our house needs dsl broadband asap and the digiweb metro package seems by far the cheapest deal (smart don't service our area). However when I rang up yesterday their "salesperson" was pretty clueless, so i am a little fearful.

Can people please let me know their experiences with the company?
    We have our own modem and router already and will be switching to them for phone services as well (not having to pay eircom line rental anymore really makes digiweb by far the cheapest option).
    Digiweb Metro is not DSL broadband, it's a Wireless service (and so far it's by far the best wireless service available, judging by feedback from people on this board).

You won't be able to use your own DSL modem with Metro. You should be able to use a broadband router (not a DSL router).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

I cant get Metro but Digiweb has said they will be in my area within 12 months . If it was here now Id switch no probs at all . Go for it and port your current Eircom number and loose the landline with the crazy line rental!!!

Advertisement