Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Top Gears- Richard Hammond in 280mph Crash

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Get well soon richard and get back to top gear......

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

'stable' is the words sky news are using atm

Don't have a tv in this room with me but Im glad to hear the word "stable"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Poor hamster, hope he'll be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

mike65 wrote:
    The hospital he has been taken to has a neurological wing and that can only be bad news.

Mike.

Why?

The main hospitals in Dublin all have Neurological departments. Surely the fact that they have a neuro wing is good news, should he need a neurological consult.

Hope he makes it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mike65
    The hospital he has been taken to has a neurological wing and that can only be bad news.

Mike.

Why?

The main hospitals in Dublin all have Neurological departments. Surely the fact that they have a neuro wing is good news, should he need a neurological consult.

Hope he makes it.

Well actually one of the guys on BBC news was saying the fact that he was taken to Leeds General Infirmary and placed in the neurological wing, as opposed to being taken to a nearer hospital, reflects the seriousness of the situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

First Steve Irwin and now this...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Hope he gets through this and makes a full recovery.
    Someone has to beat Clarkson in these epic races.

Best wishes.

First Steve Irwin and now this...

I hear ya.......Anyone have any SkyNews update??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

sambora wrote:
    Well actually one of the guys on BBC news was saying the fact that he was taken to Leeds General Infirmary and placed in the neurological wing, as opposed to being taken to a nearer hospital, reflects the seriousness of the situation.
    Or it could simply reflect a precaution taken by the medical staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

damn its mad the way ppl know what they are getting into but yet risk there life for a show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

milltown wrote:
    Why?

Hope he makes it.

if he has damage to his nervous system, it was always a good idea to send him first time to a big better neurology centre than a smaller centre which would then require him to be transferred to the better centre afterwards. they might have a better ICU and operating theatres. do not forget he also has other injuries, so u need quite a lot of staff to address all the problems.

good luck to him, he's one of the few incredible ones you are sad to see things happen to. like it was said, first steve irwin, now richard hammond.

speedy recovery to him. wish him all the best

I don't know. Im just sayin what I heard on TV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

thats ok sambora. its just if other readers wonder the same thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

damn its mad the way ppl know what they are getting into but yet risk there life for a show

I know, just like when Rod Hull tried to adjust his rooftop tv aerial to watch match of the day. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

just on sky that he's stable but in critical care at the mo..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

G'sss hope he comes through this. Does seem like an OK kind of guy.

just on sky that he's stable but in critical care at the mo..

:( Hoping for the best here.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Peter C

We are thinking of you Hamster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Hope he gets better, first on radio this morning was saying he was still critical but because of the amount of people on the roads this morning took me an hour into work and he was stable by the time he got into work, shocking to hear when I hopped into car this morning.

Think the best episode was when him and Clarkson where fighting over the cool wall and he ran off with one of pic of a car with Clarkson chasing him and he started to eat it, classic stuff!!! the 3 guys are great together.

Watever happened to the fat bloke that was on it the first series back? used to give tips on dealers and getting deals??

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Woke up this morning to the news as i was getting outta bed. I swore they ahd a audio clip of what happened (could bein hearing things too). He sounded really terrified. Hope he is ok:(

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭MonkeyWrench

Best Wishes go out to the Hamster. We will be thinking of you throughout the day.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

This from the BBC website:
    Mr Ogden said he felt for a pulse and heard Mr Hammond breathing before the emergency crews worked together to turn the car the right way up and then cut him free.

He added: "He was regaining consciousness at that point and said he had some lower back pain. But he was drifting in and out of consciousness a little bit."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/north_yorkshire/5365676.stm

So at least semi-conscious after accident... No reports on possible spinal injuries. Surely lower back pain is better than numbness?

Reminds me a bit of Mika Hakkinen in the mid '90s. He was critical for a few days and had neurological problems (also fractured skull). Cristiano da Matta, (Champ Car driver) hit a deer at 180mph a few weeks ago. It didn't look at all good for him for a few days but he's currently recovering...

So HOPEFULLY...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭djeclips

Hope the little fella pulls through....By far the best presenter:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Best of luck hamster.
    Was just thinking the other day how likeable this lad was while watching "brainiac".
    He'll be back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

He's a determined little lad, I'm sure he'll be arguing with the Nurses in no time ... "I didn't have my teeth whitened!". Most of the reports on the news this morning want to sensationalise it, but he appears to be stable now. We all wish him luck!

I really hope he gets better.

He would be a big loss on the telly.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭squrm

Best of luck hamster, we all hope to be dazzled by your teeth again soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I hope he makes it through alright :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

I know that F1 drivers in big crashes have looked physically unscathed externally, but have had bruising on the brain. Not to be too graphic, but while your body might be prevented from moving in a crash by safety restraints, everything inside you isn't. Even if hopefully he didn't take a direct blow to the head that would be a big reason to have him in a neurological ward following a crash at those speeds. Also the spinal thing must be a big worry :(

Advertisement