Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Game Awards 2006 - who wants to organise it?

Options
  • 20-09-2006 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

I've got quite a bit of work related travel coming up before crimbo this year, so can't really commit myself to doing it. I'll be happy to give a bit of a hand though.
    Any volunteers for organising things this year?

Linky to the forum....

At this stage, I can't say for sure what the suss is with modship of the forum... It'll have to be passed by the admins/mods first.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I think I could...

I mean its mostly setting up and keeping clean the technical aspect right? most of what goes in the polls and what the polls are about are done by a combination of nomination and common sense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Yeah, it's all fairly straightforward.
    there are 20 categories at the moment, and you can remove or replace any of these as you see fit.*
    just post a nomination thread for each category a few weeks before Christmas, then count up the results and create a poll for each category a week or so after Christmas.

* I found that it's best to keep the number of categories at 20 or below, to avoid threads getting pushed off the page...

Cheers for offering, you definitely seem like the right guy for the job.:)
    I should be able to help out with the second phase if needs be (the most tedious part of it...)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

cheers, i'll get started on that over the next few months. First thing first though got to choose the catagories.

So open this out to the floor now and see what people want.

First?
    Keep it best handheld or should I cut it up into PSP and DS (to avoid a fanboy war, and that they've distenced themselves from each other.)

Has the Gamecube recieved enough support this year to warrant a catagory, or should I combine it into a gamecube/wii catagory seeing as the wii is out in december.

Keep xbox/x 360, or just cut xbox completely.

And seeing its been such an exciting year for news story that we should have a best new story sort of catagory (with nominations for things like hot coffee, ps3 at e3 etc.)

any other catagory set ups people want? (maybe change topic title?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    Keep it best handheld or should I cut it up into PSP and DS (to avoid a fanboy war, and that they've distenced themselves from each other.)
    splitting it in 2 sounds good to me.
    Has the Gamecube recieved enough support this year to warrant a catagory, or should I combine it into a gamecube/wii catagory seeing as the wii is out in december.
    yeah, might as well combine those (or even dump GC completely...)
    And seeing its been such an exciting year for news story that we should have a best new story sort of catagory (with nominations for things like hot coffee, ps3 at e3 etc.)
    nice idea (the original backlash at the naming of the Wii would be another example:p)
    any other catagory set ups people want? (maybe change topic title?)
    Can't seem to change it any more myself, will have to get a mod to do it...

Advertisement