Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I make an A5 size image in PhotoShop?

Options
  • 21-09-2006 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

I'm using CS2 and I want to make up a A5 leaflet, so I've input the size in mm as 148.5mm x 210mm. But the size on the screen is not right.

How do I do this? Does anyone know what the pixel x pixel would be? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I believe the pixel size for A5 is 420x595.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

For print quality you are talking about 300 dpi and A5 would be half of A4 size I believe (A4 I think is 29x21 cm) therefore A5 is roughly 15x21 cm at 300dpi for print. If you want to measure the size of your object on the screen with your ruler it will not be the same. Therefore trust what your Photoshop image size tells you in CM, don't compare what size is actually on the monitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Briony Noh

Get a sheet of A4 paper and fold it in half. Measure it. Set your page dimensions accordingly. If it doesn't look right, it's an artefact of the program or your screen.

For the record the measurements are 148.42 x 209.97 according to Photoshop. Pixel measurement is an irrelevance. It depends on your resolution. At 300 dpi, I make it 1753 x 2480. At 72, 421 x 595. How long is your string?

And it took me 42 seconds to get these answers, without even having to wait for someone to reply. Jeeez!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Ho-Hum

Google for the win! :D
    http://www.jtek.co.uk/htpages/isopaper.htm

A5= 148mm x 210mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Yeah A5 is half the size of A4 which is 148.5mm x 210mm. A6 is half the size of A5 etc...

Thanks Briony Noh, I put in 1753 x 2480 at 300 dpi and it looks about 1cm to big on each side on the screen, but if I look at the dimensions in image size it's nearly bang on.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

just input the size in mm and choose a DPI...

72 is screen resolution, 300 is excellent quality print, 600 is super max quality glossy poster res.

Advertisement