Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free UK calls with Unltd BB

Options
  • 21-09-2006 2:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    going to be setting up BB for somebody who wants free UK calls along with always on broadband. Free national and local calls I assume would come with a free UK call package so this is essential too. Any feedback would be appreciated:)

EDIT: Just see BT have a new deal which looks pretty good. €45 per month gives you 1MB always on BB with line rental, local, national and UK landline calls. Now that's not bad at all. Is this the best deal out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭lardboy

It's a good deal alright, but you might want to check the download cap, as it's only 10G per month on the basic BT package.

I don't think any company offers unimited BB and unlimited calls yet. Only a matter of time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

10GB cap would be more than enough for the user:)

Free local, national and UK calls with Unltd BB for €45 is pretty good I think anyway. If there's anything better, suggestions are welcome:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

cormie wrote:
    10GB cap would be more than enough for the user:)

Free local, national and UK calls with Unltd BB for €45 is pretty good I think anyway. If there's anything better, suggestions are welcome:)
    You might save a few bob by combining a blueface package with Digiweb Metro Lite, if that's available, but for sheer convenience for the user (no change in the telephone "user interface", no change in phone number, simple setup and install) the BT bundle is a great deal. If they are currently spending €20 or more per month on calls to the UK, they'll effectively be getting free broadband.

Note that the free calls are limited to 59 minutes each. You have to hang up and call again to stay within the "free" calls. 1850, 1890 numbers, etc, are not free.

Think I might just go for the BT:) I'm actually with them myself but paying 49.82 per month for 1mb BB 10GB cap and free national any time calls.

Does anyone know if the next bill will be for €45 and we will now be able to make free UK landline calls too?

Think I might just go for the BT:) I'm actually with them myself but paying 49.82 per month for 1mb BB 10GB cap and free national any time calls.

Does anyone know if the next bill will be for €45 and we will now be able to make free UK landline calls too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

cormie wrote:

What packages have you got now? The Talk Pluspackage costs €39.99 a month, and the Broadband costs €20. You'd probably have to call them to combine the packages. (Though I'd suggest making the request online at btireland.custhelp.com - that way you'll have a written record of the transaction).

yeah, the package we are on was never advertised on the site together. When I rang up I was told the combined package would be €49.82. The only difference between the €45 offer and what we have now is we don't get UK landline calls and we pay an extra €4.82:confused:

Advertisement