Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apollo - Which accent do you like best?

• 21-09-2006 7:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I just recetly found out that Jamie Bamber, who plays Apollo, is British. Now that was an interesting switch.
    I think I like his American Accent better, and he does it so well.

What do you think: American or British?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Can't answer since I've never heard his British accent. I certainly would never have thought he was anything other than an American.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

In the Hornblower series he played Archie Kennedy, and was Ioan Gruffudd's sidekick. Also had a small part in Band Of Brothers if I remember correctly. There isn't really that much of a distinction of his Hornblower accent to his Apollo accent that i can recall with any great clarity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Can't stand his British accent, his BSG one is much better :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Jamie Bamber with a 'compressed eating disorder'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

quad_red wrote:
    Jamie Bamber with a 'compressed eating disorder'.

Eek!

Dunno why link didn't attach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf9wHz3SeOg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Didn't even know he was British...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Jamie Bamber has a woeful London accent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Fenster wrote:
    Jamie Bamber has a woeful London accent.

But that's his real accent, the poor guy can't help it. He used to be in Peak Practice at some stage too. I have no idea when though, I remember my mum watching that show, about doctors in the Peak District, but I definietly don't recall Jamie Bamber.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Just read his imdb profile. His dad is American so I'd say that helps his great American accent. He also has a 1st class honours degree in languages from Cambridge and he speaks French and Italian. Who says you can't have brains and beauty?

Carrying on BSG's grand tradition of nepotism* his wife is in a bunch of BSG episodes as paramedic Layne Ishay who operates on Adama after Boomer shoots him.

*Hotdog is played by Olmos' real life son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Just heard his british accent the other day (in the extras section on the miniseries dvd). Was well weird hearing him without the American accent.
    iguana wrote:
    *Hotdog is played by Olmos' real life son.

He's a dreadful actor. The only piece of really shoddy acting I've seen in the whole show came from him.....

"Yes. I think so. I mean. Yes sir." (from the episode where starbuck takes on the 8 cylon raiders on her own and ends up going into the atmosphere of that moon).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I met Jamie back in August. The accent is fine. He is a really cool guy tbh. Spent lots of time talking about the show, season 3, Ireland etc etc. I think the novelty of meeting the fans hasn't gotten old for him yet :)

Advertisement