Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procedure for stolen bike

Options
  • 21-09-2006 8:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi guys,

My bike was stolen from my back garden last night.This morning I went down to the Garda station and reported it.I rang all the local bike shops I know giving them the serial no. and model of the bike.I was just wondering is there anything else I can do?Should I put up wanted posters around the area or would that be pointless?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

I'd advise you to keep an eye on all those places you'd look if you wanted to buy a second hand bike e.g. Buy and Sell, Evening Herald, any small ads on your local supermarket or college notice boards etc.

Where do you live, by the way?
    mickomack wrote:
    Hi guys,

My bike was stolen from my back garden last night.This morning I went down to the Garda station and reported it.I rang all the local bike shops I know giving them the serial no. and model of the bike.I was just wondering is there anything else I can do?Should I put up wanted posters around the area or would that be pointless?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭aodhu

Sorry to hear that.
    You could always post up here what kind of bike it is and hope you get lucky and someone spots it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭mickomack

I live in Walkinstown,Dublin 12

The bike is a grey Giant Hybrid Road bike with an Aluxx 6000 aluminum frame,21 speed shimano gears and it has a gold titanium chain attached to the bottom of the seat with a rectangular padlock attched to it.I'll try and get a picture up but it may prove difficult as I only have the bike a week and have no pictures taken of it but I'll try the net for one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Treade

Sorry to hear about that. I know how annoying it as I have had 4 bikes stolen over the past 10 years or so. Your very unlikely to get it back. All you can do is put in down to experience. There are very few places in Dublin a descent bike is safe even with 2 locks attached.
    I lock my bike inside my house and inside the building I work in. I don't consider it safe anywhere else.

Brand new grey Giant Hybrid CRS 2.0 6000 Aluxx aluminum frame,21 speed sis shimano gears,gold coated titanium lock with silver pad lock wrapped around bar under the saddle.Bought for €350.It was taken from the Walkinstown Dublin 12 area last night.If anyone sees this bike around or is offered it please let me know.Unfortunately I've no information about the frame no. or no picture but I will try to get a picture off the net.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mick

here are a few links,however the wheels I have on my bike are different and fairly standard
    http://www.raddiscount.de/images/shop/P04126_BILD1GROSS.jpg

http://www.raddiscount.de/images/shop/P04126_BILD2GROSS.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Did you buy it in Hollingsworth?

No duff discount cycles in Santry.Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Just wondering...
    Some places have different reactions to you getting your bike nicked

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

What was it locked with? Brand and type of lock?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

keep an eye out all around walkinstown, and have a good look as much as possible at any bike resembling yours, check kevin street station stores section from time to time especially before the auction as all recovered bikes get sent in there , , a picture to the Garda station (Crumlin I presume) may help, so if they do recover it, it will jog a few memories, also find out who the community Garda is, they should have a good idea who is lifting bikes in the area and should be able to keep an eye out, a picture to this person would be a good idea also,
    lastly fingers crossed and good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Alkers

Advertisement