Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo apprenticeship in Dublin?

Options
  • 21-09-2006 9:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

I myself I’m a keen collector of tattoos and budding artist.
    I looking to maybe find myself an apprenticeship in Dublin.
    Is it a matter of putting my drawings together with some basic tattoos done on fake skin and walk around selling myself to every shop in the area? Or is there any channels I should go trough?

All replies appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭NukeD4

giant killer,i was in the same boat as you and i found it impossible to get an apprenticeship,but iam tattooless and i think that was a factor,i went round to nearly everyshop in dublin city centre with my portfolio,no luck,i know a tattoo artist and she thought my work was up to scratch,so its on the backburner for the meantime
    best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

just keep trying.. get to know the artists..
    you might just end up in the right place at the right time...

i did somehow :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Well played with the apprenticeship Kastro.Just signed up on the forums in your sig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

grand stuff.. ill see ya there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Here is an article which may be of use...

http://www.tao-of-tattoos.com/becoming-a-tattoo-artist.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement