Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very basic doubts, ntl, eircom,..

Options
  • 21-09-2006 10:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hello.

I'm new in Dublin. I entered my house two weeks ago and I'm now trying to setup tv and internet connection. My house has NTL input in some rooms and I'm able to see the NTL basic channels, but I haven't done any registry and so I'm not currenty a NTL customer, so yes, I'm currently having free tv.

On the other hand, I don't have a phone line.

So my main doubt is, should I call NTL and try to get with them Internet connection, and by consequence having to pay TV?, or should I go to eircom and hire a new phone line, and then get a package with them or with any other comms company?

Other alternatives, like satellite and radio are not an option in my community.

Personally I don't know what's the best thing. I like the idea of having everything in NTL because maybe it will be easier to drop out the service in the future, but of course I don't know if they are going to charge me any installation service or if I need any extra stuff to get broadband access with them (I only have a satellite input in my living room).

So, any help will be very helpful and welcomed. Thanks for your time reading this!!
    --
    churu

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

You'll get a cracking deal with NTL as a first time customer if you haggle with them a bit on the phone.

Free TV rental for a year, free 6 meg broadband for the first 3 months, Free connection, free bloody everything.

Just be aware that they do enforce their 40 Gig per month download limit. Other than that they really are very cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

NTL broadband isn't available in all areas that NTL basic TV is available.

Call NTL and give them the address of someone down the street and ask them if broadband is available, if you don't want to have to pay for your "free" TV ;)

If you just want basic broadband, BT's 1MB DSL bundle that includes line rental will work out cheaper than paying for NTL basic and NTL broadband, but if you can get a "new customer" deal from NTL, that could work out cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 churrusco

Thanks for the advice guys. Definitely I'm going to try first customer and check first if broadband available.

Anyother provider/packages with also line-rental included?

cheers

churu

Advertisement